World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone recomend a 4-5oz clean ground sea match fishing rod. Im not looking for a casting rod but really good bite detection can any one help please cheers for any replies :thumbs: tightline:fishing1:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Hi all can anyone recomend a 4-5oz clean ground sea match fishing rod. Im not looking for a casting rod but really good bite detection can any one help please cheers for any replies :thumbs: tightline:fishing1:
the one rod that gets my vote zziplex hsm! jim

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
look no further than the classic awb 129 a superb match rod with a great tip for bite detection and backbone when its needed.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
another vote for greys pz:thumbs:
i do have to agree its a lovly rod but iv gone on to a harrison p1 to take its place , so eny one whont a pz match its only 10 month old , i now put the harrison p1 the best then the pz match

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
look no further than the classic awb 129 a superb match rod with a great tip for bite detection and backbone when its needed.:thumbs:

I would have agreed with you if i'd been asked this prior to getting my conoflex source estuary match, once I got that then for general match and light beach fishing it was always first out the bag, still is!

for long range / heavier match or beach work the AWB would beat it but, is really only on a par with the conoflex source or the afaw 13'4 match, I won't say the afaw Tourny Match as I think it's not comparable with the awb in the same way, it's stiffer and fishes much differently.

both conoflex and afaw do some very under-rated rods, i've a couple or three of each and wouldn't part with them now.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I would have agreed with you if i'd been asked this prior to getting my conoflex source estuary match, once I got that then for general match and light beach fishing it was always first out the bag, still is!

Ihad forgotten about the source mate,i had one myself when i was heavily into the matches and like you say they are an excellent rod for scratching and light work but i still turned to the awb most of the time.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
hmmm:g:so as a matter of fact most peeps have their own favourite match rods:nerd: i also have 3 rods which make great match rods, but this is dependant upon area,,, like crazyplums has said AWT`S good rods but for estuary and close in work even feathering i don`t think you can beat the conoflex assassin`s 1-3oz:bleh: for heavier work 3-5oz greys bze`s:bleh::bleh: and long range then the tip tornado sport mk1 and for rough ground or hauling up cliffs the conoflex nemesis+ 2002 slr :clap:bite detection is phenomenal but again that is my choice of weapons cause i can use them :yawn:to recap then all rods mentioned and some that haven`t are all good rods:thumbs: but it is what you think suits you and what you are happy with that counts some even go for the 16ft euro rods and swear by them so i think you should rename the title `what is your favourite match rod`:thumbs: tight`uns

G

·
I've got a pair of metalite new generation flick tips (blanks are Conoflex) and they will show a fish fart at 150 yards. I would agree with the source rods, but I've snapped two and wouldn't trust them.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Conoflex's 13' Flick tip (new one) takes some beating with 150g and bait; I too like the Conoflex Source Estuary match, I used one for 5 years demoing and coaching at the Go Fishing show on Pendigo lake. It deliberately had no I.D. on it so anglers could only judge it by what it did, not what it was. So now you who were there know just what it was.

PTR

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
as said before ZZIPLEX HSM, lovely glass match tip, casts a long way as well, a pleasure to use A

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Out of the rods ive owned i would say the old style century supermatch,POWERFUL with SUPERB bite detection,i really wish i still had it:(

I would of thought the hsm was also a terrific rod as zziplex dont make any bad fishing rods :icecream::)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts