World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick report from the church of the good Shepard sunday 16th. Thought u would try the beach instead of the arm and armed with some blow as a last minute purchase and fresh black with a couple of razors reached the beach just after 8 to fish it up to high and two down. I knew i eas going to have no issues with star fish as they were all on the beach with me. Literally hundreds if them. Along with weed. Anyways the weather was warm and no wind, but still a swell and the weed was a problem so i moved two beaches east and found that to be ok. Had that before there. It was very slow and with only one whiting boring although i fid have one good pull down on the razor, but couldn't get my lard ar*e off the shingle quick enough to make anything if it. A local resident came down and told me he had not seen some if the wooden structures for years and the shingle shifters gave up after about an hour last week. Saw a couple if rods on widewater. There was certainly some surf and a couple of breakers nearly catching me out. I did notice that there was breakers a fair way out so there may be some change in the seabed formation since the storm, but no snags. In short fishing was extremely slow but it was good to get out. Left about 2pm. Perhaps I am just a cra* fisherman. Ha ha

·
Registered
491 Posts
I fished widewater on Sunday and like you, also had a very slow session, the swell retreated about 30 yards from where the last wave wash finished. At high tide I was only a yard from the wall at the top of the beach by the huts.
I had king and oiled black and I finished with three small pins so there. Weed was a problem on the leader knot but like you say great to get out and what a lovely day for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts