World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
wasnt planning on going out today but had a call this morning from a mate Adrian on Tiger lilly 2, and like a flash i was quickly on my way down to the boat.
Bit slow out on the mid cardiff with a few rays and a couple of dogs, had one snap off by something big, im praying it wasnt a big cod.
But then the tell tale nod was happening, reeled in the slack and made contact with a good fish, it stayed down deep right to the back of the boat so it couldnt be a ray and deffinately wasnt a conger and too big for a dog, so it had to be.....................
a lovely fresh run 8lb cod
first of the season for me, hope theres many more.
:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice fish Tony,the cod are certainly starting to run now,yesterday saw myself taking pale rider and teaming up with headlight (Ian) and Glyn (osprey) on his boat down to the english and welsh,fished the bank for a couple of hours but only a small thornback for my troubles,eventually we headed for a mark off cardiff where iv'e had some luck in the past.Baiting with lug and squid cocktail we took two cod one 8lb and one of 6lb also lost one when fish spit out hook close to the side of the boat heres hopin many more to come tight lines mate :thumbs:

Mark

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Lovely stuff well done:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.