World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the deeps at the extreme end (furthest from car park) a few others there when I arrived-- First cast at about 8.30pm (High water about 11-15pm) a wonderful evening no coat needed so I thought it was going to be a good un!!:)
But up until an hour before high water I had caught just one small whiting (and a hermit crab)?! Then the dogs started - at least one every cast sometimes a double shot on my second rod close in with flappers and then about midnight I caught a smalleyed ray that felt absolutely huge but came in backwards (it had wrapped my rig around itself) and weighed just 5lb 7ozs. then more dogs until about 1.00am so put distance rigs with a single sandeel on both rods cos I was running out of bait using the three hook flappers! and then three consecutive retrieves I had a strap conger of 4lb 2ozs then a female smalleyed of 8lb 11ozs then her mate a male smalleyed of 6lb 4ozs !!!
Then it was back to the dogs until I ran out of bait at 2-20am but even then when there was hardly any water i caught a dog on both rods on last casts !!
Total :-
3 smalleyed ray (best 8-11)
1 strap conger (4-02)
1 whiting
loads of dogs
(1 hermit crab)
What a wonderful session on a perfect evening.:) :) :) :) :) YATOES

·
Registered
698 Posts
well done mate, nice sesh, i wish i did go to the deeps instead of newton now!

·
Registered
536 Posts
A great sesh there mate,lots of action with some quality fish as well.......Makes the walk back to the car park a lot better..Nice one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts