World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My self and Fexedspool25 went 2 the Deeps on Sunday night. Fished from 7 to 1:30 had a good night on Squid and Macky. 10 Doggies 1 Whiting and a Conger 18lb (pic with Fixedspool25) Conger caught 2 1/2 after high tide on Macky and it chucked up a whole 1 when i was takin the hook out. Weather was perfec as well:clap2:

·
Registered
747 Posts
nice fishing mate. are you sure that conger is 18lb thou???? if you check out garfish conger on page 3 it doesnt look that much difference???? and that was only 6 1/2 pounds. maybe photo angles thou??? sorry not trying to start an argument. nice fishing anyway mate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
after looking at garfish conger, the one the prawn :wheelchai caught was easily twice the size, it was about 5ft long. i mean this thing spewed up a whole mackerel that was about a lb in weight. thing is unless your a pro photographer a lot of the time you carn't do the fish justice, and i unfortunately there wasn't one handy. so it was down to my 20 quid play school camera to do the job.

tight lines

:) :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
after looking at garfish conger, the one the prawn :wheelchai caught was easily twice the size, it was about 5ft long. i mean this thing spewed up a whole mackerel that was about a lb in weight. thing is unless your a pro photographer a lot of the time you carn't do the fish justice, and i unfortunately there wasn't one handy. so it was down to my 20 quid play school camera to do the job.

tight lines

:) :)
Agreed, it does look larger than the one that i caught, I think gibby was just referring to the weight, 18lb.
If it was twice the size of the one I had, then that would make it 13lb.
Still a good specimen though:clap3:

·
Registered
74 Posts
sounds good to me, tell you what call it quits at 15lb. Is that a deal? :clap2:

cheers guys

tight lines :) :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
honestly lads i didnt mean to cause any rifts. like i said it was probably the camera angle. nice fish anyway. well done lads.

·
Registered
74 Posts
no offence taken mate, everyone knows how bad camera pics can be, you only have to look in the back of sea angler mag and you think, no way is that fish that weight. i do it myself.

cheers

·
Registered
747 Posts
yeah exactly mate. well keep up the good fishing and all the best.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
no offence taken mate, everyone knows how bad camera pics can be, you only have to look in the back of sea angler mag and you think, no way is that fish that weight. i do it myself.

cheers

have done it many of times myself m8...... lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts