World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my m8 Paul Jones went to Ty Croes last light hoping for some Huss and Rays Tbh we wernt disapointed at all.

I must admit it was nearly a total disaster for myself as it was one of those horrible nights where I couldn't do a single thing right.

Disaster No1 was a birdy first cast....OK OK OK stop laughing I agree I should have checked the drop on the rod ....Yes youve guessed it serviced reel and forgot end float................Reel 1 Dave 0 1 lost rig ARGHHHH start again.
Then things went mysteriously down hill.

I ended upside down on the rock Dont ask....legs went one way I went the other....BUT The rod survived...don't know how.I then decided discression was hte better part of valour and fished 1 rod instead of 2....thought I would minimise the disasters.......how WRONG I was.

To say I could tie a flipping bait on to the hook was an undersatement....my baits were more like doddy baits then huss ones.....and guess what I WAS catching ha ha.Nothing I tried went right.

I even managed to shred my line on one rod to such and extent today I had to strip it off and refill it.

The only 1 Bait I did manage to get right resulted in a new PB Huss of 8lb13oz so that cheered me up no end,Paul on ht eother hand really had an Excellent night with 5 huss 2 of which were over 10 lb ...Biggest was 12lb....Yes we had loads of dogs but at least these broke the boredom.

We had 2 lads ask if they could fish above us as we were on a lower ledge....this was so courtious of them,If you are members on here wqell THANKS LADS FOR ASKING not many would.

Well I'm off to Amlwch during the day tomorrow so If you see a swearing cursing Angler on the Breakwater well heck THAT will Be ME.....what could possibly go wrong.wait and see and read all about it tomorrow night

Dave

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Chuck a line out with a ting livebait, in the past I have had cod to six pounds, and eels, big eels, tight lines mate.

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
It all happens to us but boy you went over board! Well done on the Pb Huss

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
:laugh: Excellent report and pictures well done on pb hopefully all your bad luck has been used up in that session and the rest of the year will be plain sailing.:thumbs:

G

·
Lovely Huss Pesda Lad but I think a pic of you upside down would have been nice Lol. Seriously though I think you got off lightly cause falling on rocks could have ended much worse

Cheers for sharing

Sy

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Unlucky on the disasters but congratulations on the PB huss :clap3:.

I wouldn't worry too much about being out-fished by Paul, he's having a brilliant year so far and when I fished Ty Croes with him he gave me a serious fishing lesson :laugh:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts