World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
WSF Administrator
56,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post up pics of what you are tying and creating for all to see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice flies SWF.

What materials/hook sizes are you using for the Whiting and Clousers. Do you find the flies work better with a certain type of retrieve?

For the Gurglers l use something similar for the sea trout but add a flying treble and daddy long legs to it as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Quite right, just a loop of hard mono tied along and either side of the shank, the fly is tied with the long tag of mono hanging free, when the fly is finished the spur is brought forward and tied at the head.
I've ordered some guard hooks to give a go, never tried the mono before, when they arrive l'll post some pictures up, anyone else tried them?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Catch a lot of fish on these- Austen Goldsmith's livebait
Sandeels.jpg

DNA Clousers plus big Gurgler:
Bass Pack Cropped.jpg

Blurple tied for pike- would be a good night time bass fly too I reckon but not given it any water time:

Blurple Side cropped.jpg

More EP flies:

Chartreuse EP Flies.jpg

Attachments

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,946 Posts
one crab fly I used to tie..

Reactions: flappyfish

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had a similar experiance SWF, caught quit a few with the fly, when one fouls l comb through with either a toothbrush or pull the knots out with a pair of scissors.

Why is there a bend in the hook, what does it achieve?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi K and all,

Don't get a high number of tangles at all. I always use Frosty Fish Fibre rather than the often quoted Holofusion. Holofusion tangles far more as it is a mix of fibres and I prefer the more drab look of the FFF. Holofusion does brush out but once it starts getting tangled that's it in my experience. I tend to fish the Livebait as a dropper now, it's good in clear water and seems to get mainly smaller fish. Prefer something with a bit more bulk and natural materials for up front. Keep the ties coming folks- always enjoy seeing other stuff.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts