World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another beautiful day, wight frost lay thick on the ground and the sea was flat and blue. It had to be done again, especially as I had plenty of bait left from yesterday. I had hoped to be on the beach earlier than 11am today but a log delivery had to be sorted first, on the beach for 11. As I left, the FPO says you're not fishing again are you? To which I sang my reply "if you don't know me by now"

Same spot as the day before, same plan as the day before.

The first thing that struck me was that there was a lot more sand than the day before and I hoped this would bode well for my targets, Dab and Plaice.

I slung out 4's and 2's in search of my quarry, and soon my rod tips were nodding. I left them for a while waiting for the bites to develop. However, nothing was hooking up. After an hour a chap called Andy came along for a chat, and he wittnesed my first fish......a small Sea Raptor........I had waited over an hour for that......it was all very quiet, and the bites were not hooking up. I went through the rig changes, even a pully two down on a 4oz bomb to roll around to seek out something.

Finally just after 1pm I wound in rod 2 and out popped a diddy Dab, just out of play school. To give you an idea he sat very nicely in my size 9 foot print. Perfectly lip hooked and he swam off well, come back when you're bigger.

So target 1 found and on species 5 out of 6, but it was slow going. It was only my second fish in two hours, and yesterday in the same spot was much more lively. The wind had swung a little easterly, perhaps that was it, the tide was smaller and an hour on, but still!

About half an hour before low things or rather Tings started to wake up, and I was getting one or two most chucks.

At 2pm I got a call from the FPO that I had to be at the school to view t kids work at 3.15, bugger, that chopped at least 45 mins of my fishing time, and only left me with circa half an hour. Had to make it count.

220pm, one last chuck, changed the rig again, size 1 clipped down long snood and a float bead......banged it out. I would leave it whilst I was packing up everything else.

230pm all other stuff packed, errrr oh yes, finish my coffee, can't go home with coffee left in the flask.

235pm err him! oh yes tidy up the hook compartments.

240pm, Bing, text from FPO, "where are you?" Just leaving now was the BS reply.

245pm had to bring it in. There was a bit of weight as I went to break the lead out but then nothing much, so I wound in slowly, stop, wind in again stop.......then there was definitely something on.........ah ha! Target 2 Mr Plaice.

He was 28cm long and very badly hooked, even t fisho method caused damage, so he is sat in my fridge.

255pm just as I picked up my rods.....phone rings you can guess who. I told her I would see her at the school. Ran home, dumped stuff in the garden, quick wash and change and was at the school for 320pm just in time to see the kids work......phew! A session timed to perfection I'd say.

So 6 species in 6 weeks. No more sessions for me this week, so here's to next and time to set myself another challange

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Superb read again Francis, love seeing Dabs an Plaice well done bud.

Reactions: FJM

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am enjoying reading these a bit too much this last couple of weeks and in danger of becoming a fishing voyeur. Can't believe it's only Wednesday I need to get out again!

Reactions: FJM and pompeykev

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sunday can't come soon enough - know what you mean, Phil!

Reactions: FJM and Fatefulphil

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers chaps, glad you are enjoying the reports, I'm enjoying the fishing and the writing........yes wRiting and not wHiting :)

Reactions: fnb

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So 6 species in 6 weeks. No more sessions for me this week, so here's to next and time to set myself another challange
Looks like my final challenge will be to get out again looking at the weather for most of next week:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.