World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after resigning two weeks ago my employers finally decided to send me home. I now have 6 weeks of paid sitting on my arse until I start my new job.

I was gutted they hadn't sent me home a few days earlier because the weather on Monday looked good and the forecast for the first week of my Garden leave did not look good for Seaford fishing.

After completing the list of FPO jobs on day one I decided to look at the weather during my "lunch break". Accu weather was showing 20kph ssw which translates into circa 12mph for that evening.

So to cut a too long storey still too long I will cut to the fishing.

I quick stop at Seaford Angler had me with fresh black and squid, and I was on the beach at 830pm. Big baits the order of the day, still looking for 2015 Finger Puppets.

There was quite a bit of energy in the surf but very fishable with only a tiny amount of weed to worry about.

First chucks saw ting like knocks, clean hooks and no fish. I needn't have worried as the second chuck produced a Ting Doggy double. Rigs on rod 1 4/0 two hook flapper and later 3/0 pully penel.

For a laugh I thought I'd see what I could find at mid distance with a three hook flapper. Various hook sizes, from 1/0 down to a 4. Within 3 mins nod nod nod......double ting. Instantly put that rig away and went with a 3/0 loop on rod two.

The Tings came on, but I didn't care, I was fishing, 4 miles of beach to my self and I was catching fish, yes pests to some or even most, and quite often me, but last night each one was welcome. I haven't fished much in the last couple of months and I was loving every moment of being out.

I could have carried on until high tide but that being 2.20am I thought better of it. School run and the annual boys London curry (the Bhindi 500) the next day saw common sense prevailing and I packed up at 1130pm. Interestingly the Tings disappeared before the end of my session. Perhaps it's because Mr Cod had turned up.....who knows.

My final tally, 2 dogs and a load of Ting.

image.jpg
Cheers all, weather, p'ss ups and general merryment will get in the way over the next week, but will be keeping a weathered eye on the weather

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice one FJM, I too have not fished for a good 5 weeks due to my car needing work, but looking at a session at Seaford possibly Friday, weather pending, so good to see it is fishing ok.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Nice report Francis and well done for getting a few. Six weeks gardening leave eh, bet you only get half a dozen sessions in ;)

Reactions: FJM

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one FJM, I too have not fished for a good 5 weeks due to my car needing work, but looking at a session at Seaford possibly Friday, weather pending, so good to see it is fishing ok.
Good luck if you make it.....it is Tinging well as always. Hoping the Cod come back soon

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice report Francis and well done for getting a few. Six weeks gardening leave eh, bet you only get half a dozen sessions in ;)
Cheers Tony, and you have set my goal. More than 6 sessions in 6 weeks. Weather will be the biggest issue I fear.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good catch report. If you enjoyed the session that all that counts.
Enjoy your free time, and catch them COD.

Mo.................................

R

·
0 Posts
Interesting read Francis,still getting out is better than doing the washing up (and i should know:rolleyes:) enjoy the moment mate:D......Alan

D

·
0 Posts
I wanted to fish the flood tonight but got a "do what you want" from the Mrs now I'm not always the sharpest but on this occasion I'm aware that means don't you effing dare lol. Learnt that lesson the day after outer wedding when she said do what you want about me going to do some crow shooting for a mate. 127 crows later I was in the dog house lol

I'm on gardening leave at the start of April for around 2 months can't wait.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys, it was fun, and hoping to get out again soon.....weather and FPO permitting. Party tonight so not then, but it is looking fishable right now.......hum!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: fnb

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Commander
Well done on getting out and just fishin ! Good luck in the garden, I will try and join you...........if this poxy wind just goes off shore for a coupla days !
Cheers
Stevo T

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Commander
Well done on getting out and just fishin ! Good luck in the garden, I will try and join you...........if this poxy wind just goes off shore for a coupla days !
Cheers
Stevo T
The forecast over the next week is not looking good is it. Anyway my oldest passion being satisfied on Monday, taking the boys to see StarWars

Catch up soon Captain

·
Registered
639 Posts
Use The Force Francis....and nice report!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 7 and the weather has stopped me getting out........StarWars was excellent BTW

D

·
0 Posts
Day 7 and the weather has stopped me getting out........StarWars was excellent BTW
Good to hear Disney haven't ruined it.

As for the weather I just took a drive down Hastings seafront and at high tide I can see the waves coming on to the road later on if the wind carries on picking up as forecast.

I have been looking at tides and weather and if the forecast holds Christmas eve/Christmas day/boxing day all look good. My Mrs told me I'm good for boxing day and Christmas day lol just need to sneak out at some point to dig worms as the tides grow

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Good to hear Disney haven't ruined it.

As for the weather I just took a drive down Hastings seafront and at high tide I can see the waves coming on to the road later on if the wind carries on picking up as forecast.

I have been looking at tides and weather and if the forecast holds Christmas eve/Christmas day/boxing day all look good. My Mrs told me I'm good for boxing day and Christmas day lol just need to sneak out at some point to dig worms as the tides grow
Bluddy hell your Mrs is very understanding, is she trying to get rid of you? ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Bluddy hell your Mrs is very understanding, is she trying to get rid of you? ;)
Dunno mate I mentioned it a while back and she said not a chance but when talking about it last night she said I can if I want lol.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dunno mate I mentioned it a while back and she said not a chance but when talking about it last night she said I can if I want lol.
That sounds dangerous. It's a "you do whatever you want" comment, and never to be taken literally

D

·
0 Posts
Nah it wasn't said like that it's because we have plans the day after boxing day and she doesn't want me shattered so would prefer me tired on boxing day lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts