World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday 30th March at 8 a.m. the hunt began. Picked up Wilba at 8.30 and we headed down to Newport to get bait. Then it was off to Cardiff Barrage to find a few flounder and eels. I'll gloss over the next part other than to say that we had an interesting tour of the Cardiff Bay area before the penny dropped and Wilba worked out where we should be.

Unloaded the car and set up only to find that there was not a great deal of water around but we add a few casts with no result.

By now hunger pangs had struck so it was off to Porthcawl for a fish and chip before heading out on to the pier. Already busy at the lighthouse. Turns out that Marcus was unaware of the hunt but was kind enough to find us room to fit in. I then realised that I'd left my Mackerel in the boot of the car:doh: so back I went.

Finally ready to go, things started quietly with my first catch of the day being a hermit crab. Wilba had already found the small whiting whilst I continues to blank. Had the curse of WSF meets struck me again.

We were soon joined by Pob and later Radio Kaos, with Barrelreef and Black Cat as well. At last I had a bite and in came the smallest whiting I'd ever seen. The jinx had been broken and soon a bigger whiting appeared. All around doggies were being caugh except by me and Wilba.

There came a short interlude in the fishing when a Springer Spaniel with suicidal tendancies (haven't they all) decided to rub down the pier wall. The owner was informed by Pob that "His dog was f***ed", however, with use of a lifebelt the owner was lowered down and hauled back up with the dog.

Marcus was now gaurenteeing that a doggy would soon be mine and then it happened. At last I could call myself a true sea angler as a dogfish was mine. Then another and another and Marcus was starting to hit them as well.

At 7.30 I called it quits as I was now freezing, leaving Wilba still hunting for his first doggy. When he joined me back at the car he was pleased to say that he had finally got one for the species list as well.:clap3:

My score for the day was 7 dogs and 4 whiting and as you can see from the photo I was rather pleased to catch the first.:)

Attachments

·
Polystyrene Mod!
4,844 Posts
yup it was nice fishing with the english contingent snag is ok but wilma is the most decent englishman i have ever fished with

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
yup it was nice fishing with the english contingent snag is ok but wilma is the most decent englishman i have ever fished with

you ****ing hair licking arse kissing ****er:)

it was a good day with fish caught all round and good banter:)

p.s cheers for coaster pob

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
good report and pics there guys - glad you found the woofers in the end.....

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Severe lack of sea up here for catching the things and all other areas they seem to hide from me.:blink:

Nice doggy to finish off there Wilba.:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
nice to see it all turned good in the end.congratulations again on the doggies.did'nt realise wilba was a doggie virgin as well,so congratulations wilma as well.:clap2: :clap3: :notworthy

did it smell bad as the thought has always put me off going there:unsure:

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
He's not just the boys took the mick a bit as Wilba brought Snaggle down to show him how to catch dogs and didn't have one himself...........until last cast anyway

and to think i had to dig out a peeler crab to get him:unsure: :unsure:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
well done snag m8 bout time you caught a bit of sandpaper that swims just got back from scotland me shattered chat soon andy ILSF...:clap2: :clap2:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
snag m8 believe me you will soon get fed up of the rough skind mob good sport yes greedy little sods yes record breakers no and bait robbers yes do i like them yes and like you i kind of wish i could get one when nothing else works see you on the rematch 4 sure ..tightlines andy ILSF....:boat: :boat:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts