World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,going to be fishing at the old grosvenor site on the prom at morecambe on 30 jan (sunday).any advice or local knowledge would be very greatly recieved,best time to catch the tide,bait,rigs etc.and what the lucky boys and girls are catching at the mo.ta very much! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Pete,
thanks very much for the info,went off the stone jetty in the end,got a codling and the father in law got a flounder.had a good day all in all,was a bit windy but the scenery is nice up that way and with a couple of fish,a good day was had.
Cheers Scotty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome mate, if you need to know more about venues in the north west , just ask, I don't know them all by any means, but the lads that i meet from all over the north west , between them, will ;)

We're hitting the 'dead zone' now where most of the winter species are migrating to pastures new, but, come the end of March, there will be the bass showing enough in numbers to go out and get a couple. hopefuly :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Scott & Pete,

I'm just getting back into fishing after a lay off due to illness. Your info and link was useful, Pete, cheers.

Pete, now it is getting warmer, what is the best bait for bass around Morecambe?

Stew

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hi chaps

squid and lug cocktails work well for the bass , plus morecambe is not a bad place for the plaice some nice fish caught of the half moon creasant think thats what its called not fished morecombe for a while ,should start to pick up in the next month or so as pete said .

tightlines...........daz

·
Registered
39 Posts
The area you are on about is Half Moon Bay at heysham. This is best fished over low water for bass and flatties with odd dogfish at night. Best baits are peeler crab as worm baits do not last long due to shrimps and crabs stripping hooks within seconds of them touching bottom.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
cheers for that greatwhite as i 've said bin a long time since i've bin to morecombe
usualy stick to the fylde or arnside if i'm goin that way

tightlines......daz

·
Registered
81 Posts
best place for the plaice in morecambe is teal bay across from golf course,best place for bass is heysham village on crab baits or easy fishin is power station on shrimp rigs, you can no longer fish grovner there work on there at mo puttin sea defence in, best luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts