World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me & Robbie fished the end 10am to 2.30pm. Started off a pleasant day but ended up bloody cold and hadnt packed my jacket so ended up with my teeth chattering. Wind was cutting.
Anyway sport was constant with countless fish, Dabs, Plaice, Flounder, Blennie & to top it off, a nice Turbot for Robbie about 38cm. All others were small apart from a good size Dab on my last cast. All in all a good session.
All fish returned in good order.

Cheers. bob.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Well done Bob, its nice to see its fishing well at the moment. I was going to go after work today but the tide was wrong and the weather was looking iffy. Nice to see you got some plaice and a turbot aswell as the obligatory dabs. I think that the fish showing of there at the moment are of a better stamp then up Steetly too which is nice as i like to take a few dab home for the table.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Iain, most of the Dabs yesterday were small but the last one was a cracking fish in lovely condition, not very fat though. The Turbot was really thick but dont like to see rare fish taken. Funny thing i noted was that in total contrast to Steetly recently, they werent interested in Salted bait. Just fresh.

Well done Bob, its nice to see its fishing well at the moment. I was going to go after work today but the tide was wrong and the weather was looking iffy. Nice to see you got some plaice and a turbot aswell as the obligatory dabs. I think that the fish showing of there at the moment are of a better stamp then up Steetly too which is nice as i like to take a few dab home for the table.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I found that i was catching just as well if i tipped off with mackerel as i did if i did not use any tipping, it seemed to make no difference. Interesting though could not get a touch when i tried baiting with either herring tip or squid. Thinking about it i caught more on the rag than the frozen lug, but the worms i had were perhaps a bit too big and i had to cut them into 2 or 3 sections. The fresh bait recently from NETS has been very good though it has to be sAID.

·
Registered
441 Posts
alright lads just wondering have yous being useing any crab baites at all on the local hartlepool piers lately?????? and have they being affective at all with the summer coming and do the tackle shops get fresh crab in at all and how much are they?????? thanks:unsure:

F

·
0 Posts
Hi mate,
The fresh peelers are just accounting for a few fish but when worm bait are tipped of with crab the fish on the piers are going balistic for them. fishing of Roker has been good just with worm baits tipped with squid or mackeral, with some nice plaice to over 2lbs and flounders and dabs upto a pound followed by the odd decent codling. Best bet at the minute is fishing about a mile of the piers with Mackeral and plenty of codling upto double figures, with ling in between some boats have taken 150 fish over the past week with the bulk of them a good stamp and most of them returned. Hope this information helps you mate.:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah last week was the same for me had frozen lug/abit of rag/squid n macky and the tiny bit of rag i had was used in afew casts then after i ran out they hardly touched the frozen lug

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Nice session bob and plenty of species and a decent turbot.:clap2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts