World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to help out a mate here, hes been told there is a decent fishing spot in between tynemouth and whitley bay called " The Hole " does anyone have any info on it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've fished the Tynemouth / Whitley Bay area a lot over the years as they're within our club boundaries for competitions and have never heard of anywhere between the two (which would be the Cullercoats area) being called "The Hole".

However, there is a mark in the area called "The Hill" (more properly North Crab Hill) - perhaps someone misheard or mispronounced it?

It's located at the south end of Brown's Bay, the next bay north of Cullercoats Harbour, just to the north of the point, and can be accessed a couple of hours either side of low water. Be warned this can involve a bit of wading over heavy rock & weed along a fairly narrow access route until the tide drops a bit further, and likewise keep an eye on the incoming tide to avoid getting cut off.

It's a pretty rough mark - be prepared for tackle losses, but you are fishing into quite a good depth of water. I like to fish off the end casting N NE, but you can fish anywhere along the length. It's often a popular mark in open competitions & if you have a look at low tide before fishing you'll get a better idea of the conditions.:thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
im trying to help out a mate here, hes been told there is a decent fishing spot in between tynemouth and whitley bay called " The Hole " does anyone have any info on it?
i don't know but i'll look into it for you :roll1::yawn::wallbash:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
mud hole,railway hole,black hole,hole in the ****,liverpool hole,too many holes all ower the shop mate,but not in the area you mention
Aye , there's also Parton Hole down here ( pool) low water mark too .
And not forgetting Polo , the mint with the Hole , some fresh fish come from there :yucky:

·
Registered
174 Posts
boiler hole,mud hole,knacker hole,football hole,brigg hole,hole in the wall,clay hole,hole in the **** theres loads of 'holes' every where you gan fishing.polo hole, theres also a few other holes......................................................................................................:crazy:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
boiler hole,mud hole,knacker hole,football hole,brigg hole,hole in the wall,hole in the **** theres loads of 'holes' every where you gan fishing.polo hole, theres also a few other holes......................................................................................................:crazy:
Oooooooh Matron !:laugh:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
quite a few holes between tynemouth & whitley m8 but none just called the hole, there again alot of us round here just say " well i think i'll go & give the hole a chuck" but that could b any hole near where we r fishing m8 lol:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
only one i can think of is king eddie's bay off the prom runs up towards tynemouth pier end,bit of a tackle grave yard but worth a shot in a big blow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts