World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All being well should be getting out for a few hours tomorrow, only thing being it will be just after high water. As i have been to these venues during high tide and just wondering if anyone had any preference on the Knap or Ogmore during the ebb and low water? Will be fishing it until about an hour after low water tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Good evening Overkill,

The only person who can make the choice between the Southerndown and Ogmore is yourself. I have just had a look at the tide tables for tomorrow Wednesday 23rd April 2014, and calculated low water to fall at circa 19.51 pm. The tide height is a very small neap of 34 feet (10.4 m) based on the readings for the outer sill of the Kings dock Swansea. One bonus fishing a neap tide is that you will not be constantly moving your gear up the beach as the new flood makes its way over the sand. As I said, only you can make the decision between Southerndown and Ogmore. Which ever venue you choose the catch outcome could be similar (not definite) made of dogfish, possibly a ray of sorts and maybe a turbot. Out of the blue might come a bass, you never know. This is only speculation!

Hope that helps you make the right choice!

Best regards,

Ticker (Derek)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ticker, most probably decide on the drive down to see where I end up. Just be nice to get out for a few hours while I got the chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts