World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the Knap fishing this week? or shall i head towards friars anyone?

·
Registered
208 Posts
are we talking about cold knap here, cos i fished there last night 2 hours before high up with black lug and razor fish, had a few knocks but i blanked for the fish time in many moons!!! not sure if the bait was wrong or the hooks too big(2/0 - 1/0) for the little whittys. the guy fishing next to me had one doggy( even that was a bonus!!!! for once!!!
so any local got any tips for me or should i keep to the foreshore? as i'm a port talbot man myself.
fished there last year and had loads of little ling, pout, whittys, the only thing i can think is i used rigs with glow beads last time around, does this help attract the fisheys in barry?

·
Banned
280 Posts
Im gonna fish either the knap or friars tomorrow evening (Thursday) from around 7/8pm till about 1am, high tide is about 10.15pm I think, i'll let you guys know how I get on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tried the knap last week - Tues i think it was - fished up and hour and down 3 - caught nothing but a doggy (though that fought and thrashed enough to add at least a little excitement).

Wonderin if I was the bloke fishing next to you doggy hater - did you have a red LED light on ya rod and an led headlamp? Actually may have been Wed I went not Tues... anyways - gunna go back this week and try again - though the high tides are a bit poor this week I think.

Will keep ya posted if things change for the better.

·
Registered
208 Posts
nar mate i was the dull guy fishing blind as my batts run out, what a nightmare (tip for all those silly people like me out there, don't leave your lamp in the bag with it switched on!!!). Yeah keep me upto date if you would mate as being from swansea its hard to make the trip too often and i just now it is a good spot. Best of luck with the cod lads, but come the 9th they will all be drawn to swansea with my massive sent trail of blacks/squid and cuttle, you have been warned haha, well thats my plan. best of luck lads and merry x mas.
doggy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts