World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL BRAVED THE WIND YESTERDAY DOWN THE KNAPP AND I MUST SAY NOT BAD FOR A CHANGE! GOT DOWN THERE ABOUT 1730 AND STRAIGHT AWAY THE TIP WAS BANGING ABOUT CULPRITS WERE THE DOGGIES NICE SIZE TOO. BAITS WERE BEING STRIPPED IN ABOUT 5MINS,WHICH WAS A PAIN,BUT ALEAST I WAS OUT THERE. BAIT USED WERE SQUID/SANDELL WRAPS ON 2/0 PENNEL.DROPPED ABOUT 5 FISH ON THE TROTT,SO ON WENT 3/0 HOOKS WHICH SEEMED TO SORT THINGS OUT. JUST AFTER HIGH WATER WHOLE SQUID WAS LASHED ON AND I WENT FOR THE BIG ONE,LAUNCHED IT OUT BEING TOWED BY A 7oz LEAD BECAUSE OF THE WIND,IT WAS OUT NO LONGER THAN 5MINS WENT THE TIP NODDED TWICE AND THE LINE WENT SLACK (COD I THOUGHT) BRINGING IT IN IT FELT GOOD,THEN GOT STUCK ON THE PEBBLES 5YARDS OUT,AFTER 5MINS OF TRYING TO GET IT OUT,IT DID A RAY OF ABOUT 5lb WAS MINE!! "SMALLEYED "I THOUGHT PICKING IT UP , NO THRNBACK MY HANDS LET ME KNOW THAT!!!! THINGS WE DO WHEN WE GET EXCITED???

5DOGGIES (ABOUT ANOTHER 5-10 DROPPED ON WAY IN)
1 THORNBACK (FIRST OF THE YEAR,AND WELLCHUFFED
SQUID/SANDEEL ON 3/0 PULLY

·
Registered
198 Posts
we done azzy a lot of spotted ray are taken from this area and once upon a time it used to throw up a big cod but the latter is just about a thing of the past.

charlie....:secret:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
well done on the beach session! Glad that theres plenty of bites about!

tight lines,

nick

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well done Azzy glad you got your ray, once the weather settles i'l be back down there mate.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx Mate B Good To See You Again Let Me Know When Your Down Again!! By The Way How Did Bristol City Get On In The End???????

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanx Mate B Good To See You Again Let Me Know When Your Down Again!! By The Way How Did Bristol City Get On In The End???????
We done it finished 2nd:clap2:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Good sesh there m8, I'm determined to catch my 1st ray this year despite fishing for about 38 yrs. I have always fished mainly up- channel so I intend to get down the Knap and further afield this summer. Respect for you fishing in those gales.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts