World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been toying with the idea of buying a trolley and making the walk along the Dirty Wall this winter, any opinions or ideas on this subject would be gratefully received, tried the walk before, carrying my gear but collapsed after about 20 minute :oops:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Don't know if it's the sort of thing you're looking for, but I used to use a "Carp-porter" for carting my ton of Carp gear, cracking bit of kit, not cheap mind.

AL ..

·
Registered
723 Posts
hi mate you will have no chance with a trolly the shingle is so soft in part`s it would be a nightmare dragging a trolly along it does get harder when you reach the sign`s for the army base but that`s about 2 miles from your car i`ve been up there on a montain bike a couple of times and that`s bad enough best advice travel as light as poss i put a few bit`s in a bucket no chair and no buddy just the rod`s a stand i then empty the bucket and sit on that.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Use a Sledge like the kids would in the snow, no wheels to get stuck then!!!
Oh just man up and carry the stuff man! ha ha

I have seen people with a sledge before actually and it's probably the way forward. I'd not bother with a wheeled trolley, it would be an absolute nightmare along there.

Do what I do, strip out the kit you don't need and sling everything in a decent rucksack. Get a decent pair of boots and enjoy the stroll.

I take a dozen or so leads, couple of rig wallets, spare leader and mainline etc and that's about it. Don't wrap up warm for the walk, but have stuff to put on when you get there. Pack everything before you go, and if like me you can be a bit dim, keep a check list to make sure you've got everything; there's nothing worse than getting there to find you've left the bait in the car!

·
Registered
111 Posts
hI, I use a Humpalumpa sea fishing trolly when fishing the dirty wall area, it is designed to carry up to 75kg, But it is loaded up with all the fishing tackle including tackle bag, rod bag complete with rest, beach buddy, food, drink, cooking stove, wind break etc, etc.
With all this gear plus the wife I would fish around a couple or three hundred past the breakers.
I am not sure that this would be suitable for the distance covered when fishing the distance some of you guys travel up the wall, unless perhaps with two persons gear when travelling light and pulled by both.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate, where would I find a "Humpalump" or did you make it up, like a left handed screwdriver or tartan paint:blink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much for all replies.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Don't do as i did and buy a trolley with the thin tyres, they either bogged down in the deep gravel or started to bounce and step out like a small car trailer when going too fast. Those humpalumpas look good i think Veals sell them

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Anyone driving up the Wall needs a good 4x4, with plenty of ground clearence, the shingle is horrendous at the moment!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
We used kid's plastic sledges for the walk at Aldebrugh, mine lasted 7 trips about 21k before the bottom got worn away. Karl fitted a cover on them to keep the gear strapped down. We got a few laughs on the way up:roll1: It didn't make much difference with just your gear but it was a lifesaver on the way back at 3 in the morning,with a load of prime Suffolk cod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts