World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been a long 14 Months of work by many and there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel, today I received a copy of the Final Report by the working group headed up by Cllr Joyce Delves, after reading the report I really feel that we are now very close to seeing a resolve so that Sea Anglers can once again enjoy the benefit of being able to take there Vehicles onto the lower walk in Blackpool. to enjoy there much loved hobbie, the final report has now been placed on the Agenda for the tourism and regeneration meeting to take place on Thursday the 9th September at 5 pm at Blackpool Town Hall. So hopefully for the final time, I ask for anglers to attend this public meeting. we meet at the front of the town hall at 4.45pm

You Can read the report for your self on the links below

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/democra...-809d-4a41-8f7f-d8aee8ea3863/Appendix 9ai.doc

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/democra...27bb-45c7-aa9f-df6f4552abc9/Appendix 9aii.doc

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/democra...-47e4-b29e-4b653ca6d905/Lower Walk report.doc

So lets attend this meeting your support as always is much appreciated. I will post again when I have more information.

Regards,
Mark Silcock (BFSAA),
Acting Chairman,
Blackpool & Fylde Sea Angling Association.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
C`mon lads and lasses let get to the Town hall and show our support, after all this is being done for US all of US.
I will be there and so should you.
Well done Mark:1a:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Bumped it in case you forgot.

·
Registered
732 Posts
So if it goes though as it stands. The permit will only allow certain areas and only be valid one hour each side of high water!!!!!!!!!!!!So that would mean I would drive 50 miles to get there. Have to wait until one hour before high water then drive to designated area set up tackle. Thats 15 Min's gone then pack up 15 Min's before one hour down to be off walkway in time. So I get one and a half hours fishing if I'm lucky?????????? No point fishing there then. So in reality nothing has changed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
As Cllr Delves does not seem to reply to her emails (from me, anyway)......it might be worth asking [email protected] what's occurring. He's Asst. Director Built Environment. Or something like that.
Knowing how councils work it will take them months to thrash out the proposals. Even at that, the ones outlined seem at least partially unworkable to me. The barrier thing ok, good idea. But one hour either side of high water is ridiculous. And a certain number of parking bays. Why have parking bays what happens if someone walks down and is fishing his favourite spot on a parking bay? I can see fifty cars lined up along the road waiting until an hour before high water to go on. Disaster waiting to happen. Hope they come up with something a little more sensible.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Minutes of council meeting have now been published. Extract reference Gynn Wall below.

9. LOWER WALK SCRUTINY - FINAL REPORT

The Committee was presented with the Lower Walk scrutiny final report. The report contained a number of recommendations relating to the implementation of a vehicle permit scheme to allow anglers to access and park within a designated area along the parade area of Lower Walk.

The Chairman advised that the Working Group had considered angling to be an important part of Blackpool's local economy and tourism offer. While it was acknowledged that the introduction of vehicles to a predominantly pedestrianised area may cause problems, the Working Group had considered that these issues could be successfully resolved through an effectively controlled and monitored permit scheme.

The Committee thanked the Members and officers involved in the scrutiny review.

The Committee agreed to:

1) Approve the Lower Walk scrutiny final report; and

2) Forward the report to the Policy, Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee for consideration.

Background Papers: None.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts