World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya,

well we had a quick try for them today up at LA.. the result around 60 prime baits yippeeeeeeeeeee :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
nice one davy :clap3: :clap3: at the usuall marks ??:boat:

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya,

Oh Sultz.. forgot to mention we had around 30 Pollack to 4lb 6oz also over the weekend :bleh: :bleh:

Guy.. yup from my usual mark :D

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
LA = lochaline
PS

·
Registered
393 Posts
Last summer I caught mackies in Cornwall, back to the campsite and soaked them in lemon juice - one whole lemon per fish - and left them overnight. Had them for breckies next morning - yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!!:bleh: :bleh: With a bit of wholemeal bread.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
spoke to a guy to night at Gamrie tonight and he said macceys are 70 miles off shore so shouldnt be to long for a bait fest.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Been picking mackerel up for the last 2 weeks now and seen some Atlantic white sided dolphin hitting them also... Great fun to watch them working together

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hiya,

excelellent - well done davy.

arent they early?
Yup they are, probably about two weeks earlier than last year though that's not surprising with the weather we have had over the last few weeks. It's brought the surface temp up from 8.5c to 11c a lot quicker than usual.

·
Registered
775 Posts
yip,

the weathers has been bizarre - not that I'm complaining! everything seems to be early thsi year, fished loch etive on 3rd february and the gorse buses were in bloom! :blink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts