World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya everyone im a bit new to this site but was wondering if there are any succuleded areas of the medway im in chatham and latly i been fishing gillingham pier but thats getting rather busy latly. So really looking for some more spots as im not that familier with the medway

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Command house Chatham
Canal road Strood
Staples end of Chatham high st
Riverside behind Rochester station
Medway city estate
Civic centre Strood
Roman way by the motorway bridge

·
TOPWATER BASS LURE ADDICT
4,877 Posts
Hi fella,

To be onest mate I think if you stick to what Steve has just mentioned above you then won't go far wrong, there are obviously other places that can be described but you really need to know the Medway rather well to be able to get to some of these other marks as many are right of the beaten track :rolleyes:

I must also stress to you that please be very aware that the north bank from upnor to up past the gas jetty which is up past Thames port is now strictly out of bounds to any form of fishing, this is the new ruling from the IFCA which are the governing body's for the Kent and Essex bass spawning, nursery and conservation areas ;)

Anywhere else on the Medway and where Steve also mentioned is ok :)

All the best

Stuart

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
What I really want to know are all Steves top "Dogging" hot spots - but he keeps them even more secret than his fishing spots.

·
4,877 Posts
What I really want to know are all Steves top "Dogging" hot spots - but he keeps them even more secret than his fishing spots.
Arh...you'll have to ask Steve that, I certainly know a few meself up on the banks of the London tidal for when I was a lot younger :p....lols....but these days I won't even go there ....:rolleyes:

Best fishes

Stuart

·
4,877 Posts
I likes a bit of dogging in the Medway...
View attachment 425482
Have seen some strange things on that Medway, me mate Kevin smith owner of the boat " Lady Ann " would of been able to tell a few stories :p....lols but sadly he's no longer with us anymore :( God bless him.

Is that a big black b###h in the pic graham :p:p:p.....PMSL

Speak soon

Stuart

·
4,877 Posts
Kev was a great bloke
Yea Steve, I went to his funeral up at blue bell, there was an awful lot of people there, many I knew, Eric was there from when I used to run the anglers den and also members of the England boat team where there, aswell as Steve Harris " dentex " and many others, was a very nice send off for him,
Had many a laughs with old Kevin.....God bless him

All the best

Stuart

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you everyone for ur helpi will def check those marks thanks steve i no most of medway towns just not the river also i been catching flounder and whiting witch i have really enjoyed is there any other fish comining in or is it to early in the year

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Yea Steve, I went to his funeral up at blue bell, there was an awful lot of people there, many I knew, Eric was there from when I used to run the anglers den and also members of the England boat team where there aswell as Steve Harris " dentex " and many others, was a very nice send off for him,
Had many a laughs with old Kevin.....God bless him

All the best

Stuart
Can't remember the names of the couple that had the den before Eric

·
4,877 Posts
thank you everyone for ur helpi will def check those marks thanks steve i no most of medway towns just not the river also i been catching flounder and whiting witch i have really enjoyed is there any other fish comining in or is it to early in the year
Hi Shane,

I don't suppose you'll see much in the way of whiting now as they normally show around September and stay for the winter,

The fish that you can expect now are flounders, bass, eels and mullet, occasionally you may connect with the odd sole,

Baits to use would be ragworm, squid and maddies ( small harbour rag ) and also lugworm

Be lucky mate ;)

All the best

Stuart

1 - 20 of 27 Posts