World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there lads. Well the fishing is so bad down here i have decided to have a go somewhere else. And am thinking of a day over on the mull not sure where yet probs some marks i fished in the summer of last year. What i need some help with is, will the fish be there yet? my fav fish are the wrasse then the pollack. So can any one tell me if they are there in any numbers yet as i have never fished this early over on the mull. Many thanks lads :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
cant help wi the mull m8 but i fished over port logan side last weekend and didn't get any wrasse but there are pollack & about plenty coallies and the old faithfull dogs there's been some fine weather to so wrasse might be moving in now

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I think the mull is overfished, a few years ago it was a great place and the first place we would head for but have to say the mark we fish has not produced much in the last year or so:thumbdown

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think the mull is overfished, a few years ago it was a great place and the first place we would head for but have to say the mark we fish has not produced much in the last year or so:thumbdown
Depends where you fish m8,we fished the mull over winter and had some excellent nights:fishing: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it has went down hill. But there are marks to find all you need is a map a head for hights and some good walking boots. Also travel light in summer months no point taking loads of gear when its not needed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
wheres 'the mull'? cheers keith (if its the isle of I know where that is!)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
mull of galloway s w scotland most southerly point of scotland
and fishing heaven

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Fishing heaven: that pretty much sums the whole area up! :fishing1:
during summer totally agree:clap3: but winter through till late spring now Mull and the sea lochs that is the place to be :boat: :clap3: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Rite thats it, i'm gonny go for a wander the next time am there as the mark we fished used to be Brilliant.
Any you guys want to save ma poor wee legs and point me in the rite direction,
If so PM me please

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any reports lads? Me and BigPaul are traveling up 2moro for a day out getting everything sorted and packed now. Think it will be mainly the fine wrasse on our list maybe doggies if i take big rod will try a little spinning probs a little early still? Thanks for any more info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts