World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mr x and me booked our time off from the families and set out for north devon armed to the teeth with all sorts of baits . first stop was saunton rock on the backing tide . mr x started with a snap off and with that i followed his example and carried on with my run of poor fishing. a weekend of missed bites,stumbles ,trips,snags,cut leadersand all other forms mishaps .
mr x and i both had dogs first cast but thing were quite but mr x started his species count. but saunton was a bad call on my count with to much swell and tide pulling our leads into the mussel beds ., , peppercombe called and so did the barbicue.
mr x went off for a chat with a fellow fisherman , came back to replace his bait just to bring in a fine 8lb hound , thing looked good for the evenings fishing but sadly that was it for the hounds . stuart came down and sead hi and then went down the beach and set up to the left . time went by with a few dogs and things were quite so i went to have a chat with stuart who had just landed a fat conger and a great pb . on returning to collect the scales, mr x had just landed a bass of 3, 10 .
no more worthwhile fish came from peppercombe with the ebbing tide so at 3am we started to pack up and decided to fish a venue on the way home to make the return easyer . so off to travose head at low tide and sun up . on arriving there there was a little bit more swell than we anticipated but was still fishable although my confidance was not high . once again it was slow but mr x was onto the wrasse straight away on the float and ledgering . all i could find was the spiders. two hours went by and mr x's lump of weed was fighting back and after a battle in the tide a smalleye of around 7 lb surfaced , this was great but tricky as conditions were not easy for landing a reasonable fish . a battle commenced where the fish escaped with the hook coming out as i tried to pull it up via the leader .
after that i had a bit more consentration and landed a few wrasse my self to just under 3 lb . then home and sleep
003.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg
mr x ended up catching dog fish , wrasse, gurnard ,bass, hound, pollock, mack and nearly smalleyed ray . i dont know howhe is so lucky

·
Registered
161 Posts
glad you found a few fish mate ! might give the hounds anouther go down there on the weekend if the weather holds .

tight lines

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
that was a good marathon fish, got to organise and do it again, perhaps your luck will change next time:whistling.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
a good productive trip away chaps.....
fish and a change of scene.....
rite on.....

(ps..bummer on the ray....)

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is indeed a marathon session. Top effort and some nice fish landed. Shame about that ray. Would have been nice to see one. Starting to forget what they look like! A few decent wrasse sounded like a good way to finish the trip off. Catch up with you later.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Dunno how you guys do these marathons i'm nuked after an allnighter:yawn:,but well done on your species and at least you've seen a s/eye lets hope its a start,well done.:clap:

·
Registered
24,184 Posts
A very nice angling sesh,welldone lads,wish i had the time/inclination :sad::sad::sad:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
good work boys, the hounds have really turned off in the last 2 weeks, hardly any showing at all from the usual marks.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have to use up some holiday by the end of sept so we will have to sort some dates out , by then you might of recovered

1 - 9 of 9 Posts