World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presenting The NEW Floating Hammer Bomb!

In Hawaii it's hard to find an angler without a Hammer Bomb in their arsenal. When i was a kid we used to use used golf balls with 2 i-bolts screwed in to create the fore-runner of today's Hammer Bombs. Bill Newton, owner of Ewa Beach Buy & Sell is the creator of the patented Hammer Bombs. So what is a Hammer Bomb?

HB's are cast assist resin balls that either slowly sink, glow, flash at night & now floats. I personally use all forms and found them invaluable for my shoreline fishing needs. For my style of fishing i find this particular HB to fill several needs
1) Instead of using Fly Casting Gear to fish extremely shallow sand flats & reefs for Bonefish i now can use the HB Floats.
2) I now can cast over mixed terrain from 1ft to 10ft without fear of losing lead or risking cracking plastic bubbles.

The money i'll save over time is for real replacing casting assist products. Also my personal time it takes to go out to replace lead & bubbles, not including the gas. Today Bill gave me the HB Float that he ran over 2x with his truck. I also ran over it 2x with my SUV. The HB not only didn't suffer any damage, it also still floats!

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are quite a few variants of the same theme out there. Like i posted we used to attached I-Bolts to opposing sides of a golf ball (had to tie the bolts together for when we had big hits). I never put down fly fishing, merely saying it'll allow me to fish the flats for bonefish using my spinning rig. There's another product used here that also is a close clone to HBs, Salty Shanes.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Select your Personal Details tab from Blue bar at the top of the page(Person icon)
On the next page there is a "Settings" tab on the left of the page, click on this.
Click on "People You Ignore"
Enter the name of the member who you want to ignore
No more unwanted adverts/posts from that member............

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
59,989 Posts
This thread has been cleaned up by me.
Any off topic posts will be removed and thread bans issued.
No personal comments either please.

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts