World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Namely me!
No 1 daughter and I gets in last night and her mother says “what have you done today darling?”
“First daddy bought a fishing rod off a man then we went to a shop and daddy bought a reel he spent a lot of money then he bought me some lunch and ice cream “
The boss lady turns to me with a steely glare and says”well?how much?”
Safe to say I’m in the doghouse now. I can usually sneak new stuff in without her noticing say oh I’ve had that ages dear.
Anyway now got a six and bait fs and a Penn battle 2
Anyone else been rumbled like this?

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
Namely me!
No 1 daughter and I gets in last night and her mother says “what have you done today darling?”
“First daddy bought a fishing rod off a man then we went to a shop and daddy bought a reel he spent a lot of money then he bought me some lunch and ice cream “
Safe to say I’m in the doghouse now. I can usually sneak new stuff in without her noticing say oh I’ve had that ages dear.
:) Try telling your Mrs that you paid £2,500 for a S/H shotgun, it takes faith, believe me. ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Recent holiday in Weymouth to celebrate our anniversary which also happens to be her birthday so she had a watch for the birthdy present and a pair of earrings for the anniversay whilst I received a nice new lure bag, some lure boxes and a few new lures [all chosen by me with her blessing].
What she doesn't know is my anniversary present to myself was 4 new Majorcraft rods, a couple of new reels and loads of jigs and lures to the tune of £1k+. Bank statement this month will need to mysteriously disappear before being viewed !!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Namely me!
Count yourself lucky mate.
I had the same outcome being rumbled as you, but with a big difference...as I was
INNOCENT.
It all started when a work colleague gave me a damaged surfcaster rod to keep. He knows that I like tinkering and renovating stuff.
So I made and replaced the missing 1st eye, and for good measure resprayed the whole rod. Masking out the decals.
Looks brand new ( you see where this is going) and a new addition to my collection. When I took it home, Wifey copped one look at it and accused me of wasting money on a rod I didn't need. When I explained that it was a used, damaged one that I was given and that I repaired for nothing...well it fell on deaf ears.
"pull the other one" she replied. Doghouse was looming. I did convince her finally, but it took some time. Guess I should take it as a compliment on my handywork!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Count yourself lucky mate.
I had the same outcome being rumbled as you, but with a big difference...as I was
INNOCENT.
It all started when a work colleague gave me a damaged surfcaster rod to keep. He knows that I like tinkering and renovating stuff.
So I made and replaced the missing 1st eye, and for good measure resprayed the whole rod. Masking out the decals.
Looks brand new ( you see where this is going) and a new addition to my collection. When I took it home, Wifey copped one look at it and accused me of wasting money on a rod I didn't need. When I explained that it was a used, damaged one that I was given and that I repaired for nothing...well it fell on deaf ears.
"pull the other one" she replied. Doghouse was looming. I did convince her finally, but it took some time. Guess I should take it as a compliment on my handywork!!!
Bloody suspicious lot they are mate

·
Registered
272 Posts
A few years , I was on a split shift from work. Came in picked up the mail, credit card statement. Opened it up checked the balance, left it on the coffee table.

Came in from work and the wife says, "have you got something to tell me" , I turned around to look blankly at her, only to be confronted with her holding up the statement.
It was for a new fly rod, got it for a bargain price, £700 .
Well busted .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts