World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching a lot of this young lads films on YouTube recently. He knows his stuff, the films are really well shot and IMHO really worth watching. He fishes for trout, perch and pike using really lightweight tackle and tiny lures. Have a watch and give him a like and subscribe if you like his stuff.! :thumbsup:

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
57,040 Posts
Been watching a lot of this young lads films on YouTube recently. He knows his stuff, the films are really well shot and IMHO really worth watching. He fishes for trout, perch and pike using really lightweight tackle and tiny lures. Have a watch and give him a like and subscribe if you like his stuff.! :thumbsup:
I used to do that up in the Scottish Highlands North of Fort William.

Ultralight fishing with tiny lures etc.

Micro Lochs and burns.

Did it for years.......Best fishing ever.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to do that up in the Scottish Highlands North of Fort William.

Ultralight fishing with tiny lures etc.

Micro Lochs and burns.

Did it for years.......Best fishing ever.
He's nailing some seriously chunky browns out of tiny "becks" in the Midlands Nick, I was surprised by the size of them considering how small the waters he was fishing in actually were.

·
57,040 Posts
He's nailing some seriously chunky browns out of tiny "becks" in the Midlands Nick, I was surprised by the size of them considering how small the waters he was fishing in actually were.
I used to catch 100s, most between 4" and 8-10" long. I once has a fish nearly 2lbs.
Remember these are totally wild brownies on UL gear that fight like tigers, and have never seen an angle before.
Used to stay at a pub called the Aultguish Inn near Garve.
Walking long distances and having gear in rucksack, lochs that had never been fished...(yes that is possible).

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to catch 100s, most between 4" and 8-10" long. I once has a fish nearly 2lbs.
Remember these are totally wild brownies on UL gear that fight like tigers, and have never seen an angle before.
Used to stay at a pub called the Aultguish Inn near Garve.
Walking long distances and having gear in rucksack, lochs that had never been fished...(yes that is possible).
Some of the fish he's catching Nick are in the
2-3lb range Nick and they are wild brownies.

·
57,040 Posts
The fish from the wee tiny lochs won't grow that big as their isn't enough food for them.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Are those chalkstreams that he is fishing? That would account for the size, as those rivers being filtered through limestone are full of nutrients and food is in abundance. Average size of wild trout in a chalkstream is around 1.5lb, in a spate river you'd be lucky to get a 1/2 lber.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are those chalkstreams that he is fishing? That would account for the size, as those rivers being filtered through limestone are full of nutrients and food is in abundance. Average size of wild trout in a chalkstream is around 1.5lb, in a spate river you'd be lucky to get a 1/2 lber.
Definitely not chalk streams mate, he's oop north.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts