World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Serious Angler
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,just got in from couple hrs down the wreck,met my cousin aled at around 1pm-ish down at the carpark,armed with peeler,soft crab,my rod/reel+my midimoto,tide was flowing when we got there would av liked to av been earlier but it is as it is,so aled baited up a couple of maddies left over from my sess on tues,within a min of casting his rod give a few steady knocks and after a short fight he landed this~

a nice bass weighing in at 2lb 2oz weldone cuz,now that leaves me playing catch up,so out came my sneaky 2hook boom rig i made lastnight,baited 1 hook with a whole fat peeler and the other with a whole fat softy,sent it out just 10/15 yards and within 2mins my rod slammed over Whoohooo i shouted to my cuz the fight is on, after a few mins of the beast going berserk he surrended to the Man of the day

a cracking bass weighing in at 6lb, but sadly that was it for me not another bite,aled had 1 more school bass to finish off,was lovely few hours down at the wreck all the same,will return there soon for another go,my bass is all now cleaned and in the freezer for wayne(welshwanner) as i promised him a bass,being a man of his word-i have his bass.speak soon+Happy~Fishing :fishing1: :thumbs::thumbs:
here are couple more pics~

^^the paul wreck^^

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
"Sidan 4 x 4 ban beaters" great idea, & a lovely bass that 6lber, I bet the bloke going past in the boat was gutted!:roll1: if you look carefully around where you were you will find the remains of Paid4s Land Rover (it's a looooooooooooooong story);)

·
Serious Angler
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Sidan 4 x 4 ban beaters" great idea, & a lovely bass that 6lber, I bet the bloke going past in the boat was gutted!:roll1: if you look carefully around where you were you will find the remains of Paid4s Land Rover (it's a looooooooooooooong story);)
fits in the boot perfect m8,awsome fishing transport :bicycle:

·
Registered
14,444 Posts
The quality of the catch and the report, I do believe it is against local bye-laws to use the type of motorcycle pictured on Cefn Sidan beach and Pembrey country park . Unfortunately the Council Website is having some problems and I could not access it but I did manage to find THIS Read no. 3-1. Now this was dated 2000 so it could have been updated , but I don't think so.
My point is this :- Some people have been campaigning for a long time for Recreational Sea Anglers to be allowed to take suitable 4x4 vehicles onto the beach again. If it was seen by the authorities that some RSA's were ignoring the bye-laws this would only add ammunition to their case in continuing with the present ban. I would be very surprised if some members of the council if not the chief ranger keep an eye on this site ( considering how many WSF members fish Cefn Sidan ) and to any who might think it is a good idea to use similar vehicles I would suggest you think very carefully about it in case you end up in trouble with the authorities .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well done lads. That's a cracking bass and great report.

You must arrived just after I left. i yakked down from kidwelly. Only had my spinning rod with me, and the water was pretty murky. Managed to get a flounder of about a pound and half on a flying c tho.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You living up to your name on here lately bud great report and pics lovely fish.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The quality of the catch and the report, I do believe it is against local bye-laws to use the type of motorcycle pictured on Cefn Sidan beach and Pembrey country park . Unfortunately the Council Website is having some problems and I could not access it but I did manage to find THIS Read no. 3-1. Now this was dated 2000 so it could have been updated , but I don't think so.
My point is this :- Some people have been campaigning for a long time for Recreational Sea Anglers to be allowed to take suitable 4x4 vehicles onto the beach again. If it was seen by the authorities that some RSA's were ignoring the bye-laws this would only add ammunition to their case in continuing with the present ban. I would be very surprised if some members of the council if not the chief ranger keep an eye on this site ( considering how many WSF members fish Cefn Sidan ) and to any who might think it is a good idea to use similar vehicles I would suggest you think very carefully about it in case you end up in trouble with the authorities .
Good luck to Jase I say. All that beach with only a quarter of it used, what a waste. Top gear did a filming with a Holden a Chrysler and a Jag on sidan beach, Watch it if you can and tell me Jase did more damage with his minimoto...... I think not. If it suits them they will let people on regardless if they are bait diggers and fishermen. Jase doing 20mph or Clarkson doing 120 mph. Jase enjoying a quiet bit of fishing or high speed doughnuts churning up the beach. Ummm what more can I say.

This is not a dig at you voodooman so please dont take offence. I am in 100% support for beach access.

·
Serious Angler
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck to Jase I say. All that beach with only a quarter of it used, what a waste. Top gear did a filming with a Holden a Chrysler and a Jag on sidan beach, Watch it if you can and tell me Jase did more damage with his minimoto...... I think not. If it suits them they will let people on regardless if they are bait diggers and fishermen. Jase doing 20mph or Clarkson doing 120 mph. Jase enjoying a quiet bit of fishing or high speed doughnuts churning up the beach. Ummm what more can I say.

This is not a dig at you voodooman so please dont take offence. I am in 100% support for beach access.
cheers mate,may i add also that i access the beach from the old concrete rd so i dont ride past any peeps and upset anyone,just a quiet bit of fishing minding my own business.ive been usin my bike for over a year there and have spoken to a military chap in land rover down by the tower and they had no problem with me fishing on my bike,im harming no-one and staying out of sight so all is good in my books,also the access i got to morfa beach is awsome :bicycle: :fishing1:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
well done jase m8 cracking sesh as ever m8..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts