World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Porthcawl pier last night, got there at midnight and fished through til 5. Not a lot happening, one small eye of 2 lbs and one whiting between 3 of us. I did have a cracking run but it came off after a few good yanks but that was it, not even a doggie! Weather was a bit iffy, lots of rain and much more wind than i was expecting, there was a lot of spray coming over the pier at high tide, got a bit worried at one time...never mind, we got off safely.
There was the usual 3 skipfulls of rubbish down the end and a load of dead pouting and pin whiting thrown about the place...what the hell is that about? Some muppets about eh?
Day of rest for me 2day...well apart from the missus making me clean the dishes:help:...then off down ferryside 2moro to see if there are any hungry bass anywhere:fish:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Unlucky with last nights crapness, had the same problem down Fonty. just one small strap wonga for my troubles, but i still enjoyed it :)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
hi there fiddler,
sorry to hear you didnt have the best of nights down porthcawl pier i was down there on thursday and it was pretty clean , i to dont understand why the people who caught these small whiting and pouting didnt put them back unless you want a live bait for conger or bass they should always be returned
not the first time i,ve heard iit and i have seen it as well dont give up on the place it can produce some brilliant fish try it on a mid range tide with a flat calm day or night

1 - 3 of 3 Posts