World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold it Terry, wasn't getting any use out of it, had more fun on the rib.

I don't qualify to join anymore.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is this for real or just a **** take. It would appear that we have a minority that only seek to rubbish QS boats!
What's the point unless really useful ideas and information are exchanged without undue bias.
Look forward to any replies and I for one am not a "Wally"

Frank and informatiove discussion yes taking the pi** and generally being derogatory as in Mr Bettles comments no thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am happy to join this group, and share the pleasure of owning a good VFM boat!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
guys quite happy to sharestories...learning points.......totaly satisfied with my 580 and a 100 mariner..she is a babe.....wish i had discovered her before women...lol

G

·
This is no ****take Rod:uhuh:. That all seems to take place on the forums which was why I thought it would be a good idea to have this group. We can have sensible discussion without the other comments. There is also a group for the Raider owners but none for Jennies for some reason, lol. I think the QS owners on WSF exceed the Jennies and probably the Raiders too. If anyone knows of any other QS owners that have not joined please let me or them know about this group so we can get them on the inviite list.
I dont hide the fact that I have had a few problems with my 640 in the 2 1/2 years that I have had her, but have always been very satisfied with the dealers and IBS Boats response to them.
I hope that this group can become a worthwhile discussion area without the p-taking that happens whenever QS are mentioned on the boating forums.:clap3:

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
John, You need to meet up with Harry, he has a 580 AND a rather tasty lady who goes out fishing with him in it. Have to say that as a boat for trailering I'd really like to go up to a 580.

Paul

·
Registered
537 Posts
Bigun has just advised me I will get a PM shortly OOOOH! I will probably get banned for having the timerity take give it back to Tom, who in turn decided to acuse me of being paranoid and anally retentive. My replies to those points have been made. I have not been so lucky with IBS boats and still am feeling a bit let down as I consider that the faults with my boat are maufacturing ones that should be sorted out. Due to work I haven't even had her in the water but I have sepent a lot of time getting things I found I wanted sorted out. Paul and I have conversed at length and I have struck a good rapore with Dave Norwich. I do not know about you guys but I find it a lack of feed back from posts means you never find out if you assistance was that or some other solution was found.
Mine is a QS 620 with 115 Mariner and a piddliing Mercury 4 hp which I was given and starts every time first time. I have only had her less than a year and installed loads of electronics for the use I want. I am interested in marine archeology and all things subsea. To that end i have a side image sonar and dual transponders fitted. Rediculous range raymarine R 80 Radar etc etc.
I really like the thought of the QS 500 as I launch and recover on my own. My wife is nearly 60 and she has hung up her wet suit for good. I altered/revamped the recovery system and now can easily recover the 620 myself.
As for the sniping of others I feel get a life

Any body know a deserving cause that could use a Koden 48 mile radar. Big one with minor cable fault yours for the take away. Also Furunu GP 31 GPS system new in the box and only used twice.

I really hope this works but I see that Tom has already had a look on here, so watch for the fireworks..

G

·
Have you spoken to Keith Summers at IBS? I have always dealt with him and he has usually sorted the problems out for me. What are the problems that you have had?
Mine was mainly due to poor bonding between the hull and inner moulding, particularly on the storage under the bunks in the cabin. The worst was that the partition that supports the sliding door came loose at the top and bottom resulting in someone almost going over the side while holding onto the door which came off in their hand!
A couple of poles came over and made a very good job of putting it all right in a couple of days.
I wish I had known about the Radar a few months ago. I ended up upgrading my plotter from the SH1000 to a SH500 just so that I could add the radar at a cost of £2200.
Tom does have a pount about the QS500. They are good little boats but I have also been told by a dealer that they are a little top heavy for their length. If you can launch the 620 single handed then I would stick with that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi Terry,
I have exactly the same problem with the bonding of the frames to the skin inside the storage space and this is not something that happened through use but a failure in the manufacturing progress.There is no real issue with it but it is quite obviously not what was intended. I spoke to IBS who advised me my boat was obsolete so they were not interested. I think it is 2004 so not that old. I can see the point if it was inservice flexing but even that should not happen.
Having seen the QS 500 afloat I would tend to agree about being slightly too high and the windage for her size.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi Terry,
When I asked the question about the p*** take I took it that you meant that what we discussed in this "invite only" area was be just that and not necessarily available in open forum. I was then surprised to see the link in another part of the forum direct to this area. Surely the fact you suggested this was to cut to the chase so we could discuss pertenant issues without the endless humourous interjects.
I think I'll just stick to the open forum if I choose to stay at all. I appreciate that there are other agendas that I am not aware of but as a MOD it is your choice how it is handled.
What do you other guys feel about our self help group as it was called??? Any benefits?
I do have a sense of humour and can take anything anyone can throw at me but then it has to be reciprical

G

·
The reason that a link to this area was posted on the original thread was so that any QS owner would be able to navigate to it easily. It is a shame that other members are able to read what is posted in an invite only area, but that is something beyond my control. At least they are unabvle to respond in here so the conversations should not get taken off topic as they do on open forum.
In a few days the QS P*** taking will stop once they get bored or find another target. I hope that this group will be a useful area for us QS owners to discuss any issues to do with our boats.
I will ask Mike if there is any way that what is posted in here can be only read by members of the group and will let you know his response.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Anybody have this issue. At certain speeds there is excessive spray onto the screen and i must confess It took a while to understand what was causing it. Bright sunny day with only longish swell and yet this damned spray.
Tracked it down to the small fairing over the hole for the anchor chain locker drain. A small plastic cover seems to break the flow and send the spray over the starboard side. Anybody had this issue and if so any fix sorted?????????

G

·
Yes I have the same problem Rod! I seem to remember ChrisP remodelled the one on his 620 and it cured the problem. It is very annoying though and would be so easy for QS to rectify.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I really like the look of either 560 or 580. I want a boat I can sleep on so that if I want to go off for a week at popular holiday times I don't have to try and find accommodation as well. Also lets you get out on the water early in the morning.

Really liked Harrys boat so will be looking for one, it would mean me selling mine first ideally as I don't have the room to store both. Not sure whether to take out the CP500 if I do sell her? I'd really want that plotter in my next boat as it is excellent!

G

·
I would definitely keep the plotter for the new boat! You will lose a lot of money on it by selling it with the boat and most QS500 buyers will not need anything as comprehensive as the CP500.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I was thinking along those lines and I have kept the original GPS in the boat anyway so would just need to take the big plotter out. The 580 in the advert seems to have a big plotter of some sort? I'll maybe have a drive over and look at the boat if it is still available.

1 - 20 of 817 Posts