World Sea Fishing Forums banner
3,201 - 3,220 of 3,685 Posts
New arrivals today. Just realised it’s a big mistake as little chance to fish any of them for 5-6 months - just have to ogle them for a while and imagine them catching bass (which just about sums up my bass fishing so far). Lure boxes looked great on Ali but too flipping small - lol View attachment 1354126
Take the hooks off and hang them on the Xmas tree! Far prettier than baubles!

Finally Decided!

Fin Nor Lethal 25. Still ice cold from the post....Scale to A4 sheet and two pence piece.
First impressions;
Reassuringly solid construction.
Cast parts look immaculate.
Rotating parts feel nice and solid. Maybe a little tight. But, could be a little running in required.
Little noise from the 6+1 stainless steel bearings.
Bail-arm needs a good nudge. But at least you know it's returned!
Not super light-weight. So should suit my preference for a bit of weight biased towards the bottom of the rod.
Now where's that 20lb braid......

Fishing reel
Fishing Fishing reel Recreation
Still life Fishing reel Machine
Headphones Audio equipment Headset Technology Electronic device

Another Pearl Zonk added to my Collection,What is it about these Lures.!!!!
There must be something about them given their popularity ,yet i think the only person on here that ever seems to get anything decent on them is Mark333. Suggests they work well in rougher conditions with a bit of depth. Jerk baits are a funny one for me, we all fish them on the "wrong" gear so how they fish in comparison to their original design intended for short rods and a tip down retrieve from a flat decked bass boat is very different to how they are used for UK bass. I appreciate the guys fishing deeper water from rocks can fish tip down, but using longer rods is a compromise in most situations.
I suppose it's much like many other lures where a compromise in rods and reels is made due to the practicalities of shore anglers not being able to hump 20 different set ups around.
SD

Finally Decided!

Fin Nor Lethal 25. Still ice cold from the post....Scale to A4 sheet and two pence piece.
First impressions;
Reassuringly solid construction.
Cast parts look immaculate.
Rotating parts feel nice and solid. Maybe a little tight. But, could be a little running in required.
Little noise from the 6+1 stainless steel bearings.
Bail-arm needs a good nudge. But at least you know it's returned!
Not super light-weight. So should suit my preference for a bit of weight biased towards the bottom of the rod.
Now where's that 20lb braid......

View attachment 1354217 View attachment 1354218 View attachment 1354219 View attachment 1354220
Nice looking reel.!!!

52 days and counting til the end of the EU as we know it!

Wonder what 'Boris-exit' will do to the prices we pay for the best of our 'shiny precious' coming from overseas from 1st Feb....???
Been bad enough for us ordinary folk in recent years with the ÂŁ wallowing in the money markets!

Stock up now ?
Or wait for the wonderful 'free trade' world we were promised????

52 days and counting til the end of the EU as we know it!

Wonder what 'Boris-exit' will do to the prices we pay for the best of our 'shiny precious' coming from overseas from 1st Feb....???
Been bad enough for us ordinary folk in recent years with the ÂŁ wallowing in the money markets!

Stock up now ?
Or wait for the wonderful 'free trade' world we were promised????
If the lures or kit are Japanese and they can be imported direct then we have just signed a free trade deal with Japan which wouldn't change the prices in theory. Spose it all depends on the location of distribution centres and whether the companies are prepared to set up in the UK, all in all I can't see it affecting prices long term, if at all.

Pulled the trigger on the new N70 Labrax a couple of weeks back - went for the 9ft 4 version. Have NEVER spent this much on any rod, but as no longer bait fishing, had decided to sell a AFAW Match & Tournament Match, plus one of my M4GT's and treat myself to a higher end lure rod.
Wasn't the first rod I looked into - was actually third choice, but so glad I got it to be honest.
Will add pics and review as I use it more....
Mart.

If the lures or kit are Japanese and they can be imported direct then we have just signed a free trade deal with Japan which wouldn't change the prices in theory. Spose it all depends on the location of distribution centres and whether the countries are prepared to set up in the UK, all in all I can't see it affecting prices long term, if at all.
It's just I'm old enough to remember decimalisation and Mars bars doubled in price overnight!
They were 6d each in old money and suddenly became 5p each in new money!
Don't know their price now!

But give the profiteers an inch and they will take a mile!

Pulled the trigger on the new N70 Labrax a couple of weeks back - went for the 9ft 4 version. Have NEVER spent this much on any rod, but as no longer bait fishing, had decided to sell a AFAW Match & Tournament Match, plus one of my M4GT's and treat myself to a higher end lure rod.
Wasn't the first rod I looked into - was actually third choice, but so glad I got it to be honest.
Will add pics and review as I use it more....
Mart.
I have the 94.......... it’s a wand or a rod, don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all with it.

Here's a few pics and observations so far....
Art
Auto part
Font Signature
Text Font Label Banner Advertising
Tile Line Floor Tree Soil
Floor Tile Wood Soil Wire

So I've been fishing using a 9ft 6 Majorcraft Zalts for the last 4 years and it's a great rod, but a little heavy and I fancied something lighter with a bit more finesse.....
Last year, I fancied adding to my arsenal by getting something with a bit more grunt, and decided on a Century, but something just didn't click with me.....and I've never taken to Century rods during my bait days.....never have liked the way any of them felt - purely a personal thing though.
So I plumped for the HTO Nebula 10ft version, and been very pleased with it for the money, even if it was a little stiff for a lot of the fishing I do, and the lightness saw me using it all too often....
Still missing the finesse side of things, and being a majorcraft fan, I decided on the new Rod due out this Autumn and duly put my name down for one a few months back....
Fast forwards to October and I'm told that the launch has been put back to 2021 with no firm date. I've sold some bait gear and don't want the money to be wasted elsewhere, and I'd read some good things about the N70, and a few bad things too......
By the time I'd decided and tried to buy online, they are all out of stock......then found one from Shut up and Fish.
Ordered and came next working day......for that sort of money, I was looking forwards to it coming, and dreading it at the same time.....
First impressions when unpacking the very well packaged and protected rod, was a huge disappointment!
It looked a very expensive version of the much cheaper Nebula!
Put it together though and gave it a waggle and it felt a bit better. Took it outside in the garden, and put the Nebula together and the two are polar opposites to be honest. N70 much slimmer at the butt to. Strapped a reel on each and threaded the braid through the guides and had a play pulling both tips round and suddenly all was a lot better with the world...they may have looked similar but they are miles apart.
A lovely build and finish, with a nice rod bag too.
Personally would have liked larger rings like the Century has, but maybe that would spoil the action...not a huge fan of the diddy rings, but got used to it with the Nebula. Really liked the handle personally, and the reel seat, but mindful of the issues @wightman had with the Winn grip when wet!
First session was in horrible winds and rough conditions around Portland.....huge sidewind at the first mark, and started off with a large Patch, followed by a 115 Gunny. Blanked, but wow...this thing can cast a heavier lure very very well...slightly worried that it is over-gunned for normal fishing now though....
Later in the day, I'm fishing with a much lighter Sidewinder eel and save the day with a low 40 - the rod is a joy to use, even though its only a very small fish. What's more, its been wet for most of the day, and the Grip gives me personally, no issues. I've also had a few casts with @Dorset Dan Century Graphex, and although a lovely rod, I know I'm very happy with my choice...
Last Friday late, I decide to hit a local mark as there is no wind....I chuck in a few softs, and just a Patch 100 and off I go. Just fished a Dolive in the end, and popped my cherry with a high 40...only 1 fish but tide wasn't moving at all and was very pleased with how the rod felt with a light soft on...very sensitive.

Henrys review of the N70 was one of the reasons I plumped for it, but I couldn't understand how he had said that the rod seemed to adapt to whatever lure weight you were casting with - ridiculous claim to be honest.......until you use the rod yourself...completely see where he's coming from now!

I'm sure there are plenty of good rods out there for less money, and a few for more too, but currently, I'm very happy with mine. One thing I couldn't get used to with a lot of lure rods is the much shorter handles - having a longer handle on the Nebula and N70 suits me and makes them feel slightly shorter rods when actually fishing with them too..
Mart.

Works of Art,Megabass really got it spot on,Just love the Feel you get through the Rod, when you Fish with the Zonk,Although Must stop buying Lure Fishing Tackle over 5k this year,Needed 2 Large Sash windows for the House as well,OOOOPS!!!,I blame Lock Down.!!!

3,201 - 3,220 of 3,685 Posts