World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roused by the call (Shirley codling) for reports outside of Dungeness, Gollum returns from hibernation (havn't fished since Jan). Alas I cannot compete with pictures of monsters from the deep, so I will try my best.

There's no secrets in my madness, I'm limited to weekend fishing and generally stay away from where everyone else goes. But that means I've now gone for 2 yrs without the three letter word. So if you don't want to read another whiting report then by all means skip!

So the day started with a nice relaxing gander across the bay,
Cloud Sky Water Liquid Fluid

whilst extracting a few of these precious creatures,
Water Leg Fluid Crocodilia Beach

Then later on, returned with dad to fish a few hours over the top of the tide. Fished a simple two hook flapper with yellows and my fools hope rod had cuttle/whole squid or yellows/squid. Sea state, flat (as expected). Kinda wish I tried a canoe on days like this,
Water Cloud Sky Fluid Wood

Spent 3 hours without a bite! But nearly every cast reeled in 1/2 of these critters, which was surprising as I never saw a knock on the rod tip. Yes you say say that's normal when the tide is ripping, but still didn't see anything 2 hours after high. Finished with about 20 whiting (all same size, no takers), but thats beats the last three trips, which include two blanks (Kingsdown and 10th Green, both days no wind and very sunny). Must admit I was v peed off when I discovered Sandown castle is no longer fishable. That was my favourite mark where I've caught my best fish :cry:
Water Beach Natural environment Street light Slope

Alas Gollum continues his drought of the three lettered word, but he waits patiently and for now contents himself by feeding his Mr Plec lol (almost bigger than a whiting, might try it for bait!)
Vertebrate Underwater Organism Marine invertebrates Fluid

G

·
welcome back , i wondered where you went lol, no fishing since jan are you mad lol,
atleast you got out and had a crack at it,
im awaiting more reports now your back in the saddle,:thumbs:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome back , i wondered where you went lol, no fishing since jan are you mad lol,
atleast you got out and had a crack at it,
im awaiting more reports now your back in the saddle,:thumbs:
Thanks. I try to limit reports as it's normally just whiting/dabs. Only fish Oct-Jan coz of cricket/golf. Will try hythe nearer christmas, but also think Kingsown butts will produce something different.

G

·
had a cod of samphire early and a codling of shaky in july, thats a sign of good things to come, im hoping the beaches from kingsdown t sarnie bay will produce much better this year,last year was a pure doggie or whiting fest , but hey ho ,ever the optimistic,dropped a lovely bar of silver at samphire the other week,(no net) and god am i getting it at work lol,
i think its going to change this weekend, next weekend aint gonna be much better but you got to be in it to win it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Roused by the call (Shirley codling) for reports outside of Dungeness, Gollum returns from hibernation (havn't fished since Jan). Alas I cannot compete with pictures of monsters from the deep, so I will try my best.

There's no secrets in my madness, I'm limited to weekend fishing and generally stay away from where everyone else goes. But that means I've now gone for 2 yrs without the three letter word. So if you don't want to read another whiting report then by all means skip!

So the day started with a nice relaxing gander across the bay,
View attachment 150273
whilst extracting a few of these precious creatures,
View attachment 150274
Then later on, returned with dad to fish a few hours over the top of the tide. Fished a simple two hook flapper with yellows and my fools hope rod had cuttle/whole squid or yellows/squid. Sea state, flat (as expected). Kinda wish I tried a canoe on days like this,
View attachment 150275
Spent 3 hours without a bite! But nearly every cast reeled in 1/2 of these critters, which was surprising as I never saw a knock on the rod tip. Yes you say say that's normal when the tide is ripping, but still didn't see anything 2 hours after high. Finished with about 20 whiting (all same size, no takers), but thats beats the last three trips, which include two blanks (Kingsdown and 10th Green, both days no wind and very sunny). Must admit I was v peed off when I discovered Sandown castle is no longer fishable. That was my favourite mark where I've caught my best fish :cry:
View attachment 150278
Alas Gollum continues his drought of the three lettered word, but he waits patiently and for now contents himself by feeding his Mr Plec lol (almost bigger than a whiting, might try it for bait!)
View attachment 150277
good on you for trying mate, when you say Sandown castle is no longer fish able, do you mean the beach is closed of, or that the huge rocks are stopping you from fishing there now? i fish down the bay a lot mate will prob see you down there some time . all the best

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good on you for trying mate, when you say Sandown castle is no longer fish able, do you mean the beach is closed of, or that the huge rocks are stopping you from fishing there now? i fish down the bay a lot mate will prob see you down there some time . all the best
Its ruined. Have not got a picture handy, but I loved the place coz for the area it's probably the only place close that had deep water, fast tide and a mixture of sand/rock/metal pipes, perfect for codling when they were about. Big piles of boulders covering up the best spot. Probably will be able to fish there again, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to reel in and get over the boulders. Obviously the EA thought it was important to spend millions on it, just unfortunate where it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts