World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on the Roseland for another day session after what's felt like forever. Started off at one of the rock marks to try and winkle out a few wrasse as the tide started to flood. This provided some good sport for a couple hours and a scorpionfish joined in on the fun. All fell to limpets found on the rocks around, but nothing going past a pound and a half, really needed a few hardbacks to get in amongst the bigger fish, but didn't find any on a quick forage the night before.

Organism Water Underwater Plant Marine biology

After this, I moved across to the other side of the bay to try for a pollack or two on the lures. Spent another couple of hours here and had pollack, coalfish and a stunning ballan, love the markings on these. All fell to a seeker which punched well into the breeze that was starting to build.

Fish Terrestrial animal Grass Wildlife Soil

In the evening I got the beach gear out to try for an open coast flattie on a nearby beach. This turned out to be what I was expecting but not hoping, a dogfest! They seem to be the only thing that's along this stretch of coastline when bait fishing the clean/mixed beaches.

Iguania Scaled reptile Reptile Lizard Varanidae

Fished into dark but it all went dead and even the dogs stopped feeding at high water. Hoping to get out again during the week for a few more sessions before heading back to work.

Hope all is well with everyone, and tight lines!

Al

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welldone mate!!! Should be a few fish about after this blows gone through,
Thanks mate, yeah the north easterlies are bringing a chill! Hopefully with the coloured water daytime might be more productive as well, saw a feeding frenzy further offshore in the distance, my guess would be that the baitfish are out deeper at the moment. Tight lines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts