World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody fished the rock's around Eyemouth area lately?

If youv'e got any info about marks to try anywhere up this coastline, I would be thankfull if you could spill the bean's, I'm in serious need of a bit of Cod action!!

Do the marks fish better high or low water, flood, ebb, etc......

I know my best chances are further up the north east coast, But, staying on the south side of the Forth bridge, its a long way to go for a blank!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've heard the rocks to right of the pier in dunbar are good for winter cod. Not fished it myself but will give it a go one of these days. Winter cod not in yet though so dont know what your chances will be.Tight lines mate thats all ive got.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know the bit you are talking about, I think they call it the 'Battery', (because of the old gun emplacements there).

I've tried to fish it a couple of times lately, but the bridge in the harbour has been up! so no way to get accross to it.

I've been told that the bridge is kept up all winter!!!, how true that is I don't know, It's a pity if it is because the area looks very good.

I've fished on charter boats out of Dunbar and always done well, so I reckon the shore should fish, 'that is if the fish have read the script'.

Cheer's...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts