World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then, I'm back and it seems you have all been having fun in my absence.

The way I work this forum and always have are of one of second chances, leniency and of course common sense. Although we have a set of rules, we have no etiquette or proper users guide on how to use the forum, how to conduct yourself on the forum and what should remain private (e-mail, PM's) and what should be made public. Disputes past and present that have nothing to do with a forum topic should remain private and should not lead to a public slanging match on what is a public forum.

We will be having a complete crack down on abusive behaviour especially that of threatening forum members anybody caught doing this will automatically be banned for life (bans are been handed out right now for such behaviour).

I will be working on these sets of rules, regs, etiquette and usage over the next few days and will release them to you all as they are done.

The moderators will be given full power to enforce all of these and will have the power to suspend users caught breaching them. Its time to get this place back to what it was! We have already lost a few influential and valued members of the board, people that have been with this site since the beginning, which I will try (although its doubtful) to get back.

Mike Jr

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Mike, just because they have been on here a long time doesn't make them infallible! They can still be out of order, & I know exactly who you are referring to, & he was out of order!
Sine Die doesn't worry me one iota on a point of principle, so if you have a problem with that, lets be having you!
blueskip

P

·
0 Posts
I have been on boards where there have public slagging going on, times like that should use the PM or EMAIL facility.

Totally agree with you guv!

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest blue, there are more people that have left this site from the old guard than you realise its not just one person, its well into the high tens now. I will be contacting each one individually and will ask them to come back and contribute as most of their posts where a sound contribution. There is no need for one person to leave a forum board just because of one of two posts when their overall contribution has been outstanding.

Mike Jr

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Mike, If people feel sufficiently strongly about something, then they argue their case! If they post their feelings, then they get a response in post form, if they want to do it via p.m. then thats the way they should get the response.
Chasing people around various posts, to keep on reiterating your point of view about another topic is not on!
Neither is blackmailing or playing on other forum members sympathy, by saying that because the world is against you, that you are taking your ball home! If the world is against you, there is usually a very good reason for it!
This topic has "stirred the pot", but compared to some of the really serious issues that face sea angling, that fail to generate anywhere near as much debate, shows a level of apathy, that stuns me.
We have had condemning responses from people who drive 40 miles each way per day up & down the A2 into central London (what happened to public transport)? people who drive 40/50 miles to fish in the sea (how can they complain)? the people who generated the most heat in the debate, generated the least light, & because of this they decided to throw their teddies out of the pram!
If you cant defend a position, dont occupy it, was what I was always taught!
blueskip

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Mike,

Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Woodster

PS My offer stills stands if you need a bag carrier, her in doors permitting and the boss at work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts