World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:unsure:well we were supposed to fish the boating pool on the gynn wall this morning but it was closed off for a charity fun run or summat ( there were bleedin hundreds of em ) so i said lets try the bull nose , !! NOPE !! that was packed out with cars, so we ended up on the slabs ( alright its mi favourite place :secret:)
as we arrived at the slabs i said hello to the first angler and found out it was mark1976 and his mate ( sorry m8 cant remember your name ) had a bit of a chin wag then set off up the slabs to get set up ,
the sea looked very brown and on my first retrieve found out why , ALGAE , the line was covered in the stuff,:uhuh:
well i kept having little taps and rattles for a while then a more positive thump and i reeled in this little flounder ( shown off by one of my little freinds i made on the day,

then not long before we wrapped up for the day i had this little weaver ( nope i never saw the bite )

thats alex showing it off for me

these were my two little helpers today ( hope your dad wone at cricket :))

are you in the back ground smoothhound ?

ohh and this is mark1976 and his mate fishing just below us

funny thing was on our way back we stopped for a chat with mark only to see his rod banging away , he reeled in a little bass that dropped off just as he lifted it out the water, i just saw a flash of silver then it was gone , unlucky mark :unsure:
had to be home for 4 oclock so off we went , it was a nice day to be out , not many fish but hey ho, nice meeting you lads , see you again soon
cuberd

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
nice pics and report as usual Dave:clap3::clap3::clap3:

its apparently some sort of fun day in Blackpool today Dave there's a lot going on in Stanley park as well I've just been informed matey :):)

tightlines.........................daz

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)dont think i've seen it that busy for a long time daz , the place was packed out , all the anglers that normaly fish the gynn were on the slabs
cuberd

·
Registered
68 Posts
after you left cupboard fish started biting just could not connect with them just getting one good pull and then nothing reel in bait still there think they might have been schoolies feeling pull on line. got a flounder and nearly a bass paul got nowt. fished it till sand banks showed still getting bites right till end.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)i hope so dave , could do with mi first ray :secret:

-------------------------------
mark we were getting the same little knocks , even taking the bait , i thought they were crabs but they could have been them little schoolies m8 :)

cuberd

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi Cuberd,

It was the Blackpool half-marathon today. My missus should have been running, but did her knee in at London. I tried to talk her into going along to watch, so I could fish, but nothing doing :uhuh:

(Welcome home Danix - good week away?)

Ferdi

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Cuberd,

It was the Blackpool half-marathon today. My missus should have been running, but did her knee in at London. I tried to talk her into going along to watch, so I could fish, but nothing doing :uhuh:

(Welcome home Danix - good week away?)

Ferdi
you should have said " buger it , if your not going then i am , so there ect ":)
cuberd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts