World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me & ben fished the spike last night,the idea was to do mother ivys but the beach had been taken over by a bubbling inferno taking no prisoners,first to get some fresh macky for bait so we started with the feathers,all we wanted was a few for the evenings fishing,first cast ,yep we are ok for bait ,hold on its a bloody bass, thats no good so threw it back,typical you cant catch a macky when you need to.next cast ben shouts ,macky on ,:uhuh: another bloody bass &this is uphill for 2lb,who needs to spend hours digging lug when a pack of feathers cost a quid:idea: :g: we finaly got through the bass & landed 4 mackerel.so big macky & sandeel baits were cast out ,10 mins later my big eel bait rod is knocking,hit it & start to retrieve,dam its gone, then i see it in the surf ,bloody doggie ,start to pull it up over the rocks & snaggs, give it a yank & out popped a bar of silver,had to be my biggest yet,& then i watched it slide back from where it came from never to be seen again,oh well thats fishing:) .after that we had another 3 & a couple of doggies ,were hoping for a ray but none to be seen, nice evenings fishing,brakes our spell of bad luck.all fish [other than macky]returned alive & kicking.
pete

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to see someone is catching Pete, been out four times in the past week with no luck at all! If you don't mind me asking where exactly is "the spike"
Cheers and well done on the catch
Chris

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Nice 1 m8, sounds like a good evening, I was recovering from being thrown about like a ragdoll lol, felt like i was still rocking in bed pmsl

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice 1 m8, sounds like a good evening, I was recovering from being thrown about like a ragdoll lol, felt like i was still rocking in bed pmsl
none of us want to no about your rocking in bed ,espesialy on a sunday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts