World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the move to the Stone, near the yaught club, does anyone fish this area ? If so whats it like, I have only ever fished further along at the Bradwell marks. Any help would be good , thanks JonC

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Have heard that area can be quite good, but the one time I tried to fish it I had trouble parking and when I got to the beach it was full of jetskiers, so have not actually fished there yet. Have also been thinking of the Stansgate area, but have heard parking there is a bit iffy. Plenty of bass in the area.

·
Banned
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last few time I have been along there, just for a look there have been a few rocket powered Idiots there, but they tend to pack in late afternoon, so I guess I will have to just wait for them to go. Thanks Jon C

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I usually fish the North Side of the Blackwater around Goldhanger and Tollesbury, much quieter, but at least a mile walk to the better marks, most of the time worth it. I would think that there are more marks on the Southern side but I haven't had the time to go looking for them.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Never fished there but quote from "fishing around Maldon" leaflet by Bob Cox ....."Thornback Rays-worth considering from the beach from Stone to Stansgate where a relatively short cast of 50-80yds with squid, fresh herring or peeler will produce 2.5 hrs each side of LOW water----Bass -Stone to Stansgate over same LOW water period can be productive especially if

coinciding with dawn or dusk. Crab or rag favourite or lures if water is clear"

Hope this of some help.. Anyway I reckon thats one of the most beautiful bits of Essex Best of Luck

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hi Jon. Hope you are keeping well. Had thornbacks there years ago on herring or squid. We used to catch em on my mates boat too not far off there. Nothing huge but sizeable. Used to get some bass and eels also when using rag or peeler on another rod.:)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Never fished there but quote from "fishing around Maldon" leaflet by Bob Cox ....."Thornback Rays-worth considering from the beach from Stone to Stansgate where a relatively short cast of 50-80yds with squid, fresh herring or peeler will produce 2.5 hrs each side of LOW water----Bass -Stone to Stansgate over same LOW water period can be productive especially if

coinciding with dawn or dusk. Crab or rag favourite or lures if water is clear"

Hope this of some help.. Anyway I reckon thats one of the most beautiful bits of Essex Best of Luck
That leaflet was my first source of information about the area, I have found it pretty useful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts