World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to use up a few rag worm from last weeks boat trip so decided to find a sunny secluded spot on the Swale.
So parked at Harty ferry and set of toward Conyer with my Exage 3033H spinning rod in hand.
Walked for 30 minuets & found a gully within casting range and waited for the water to fill it.
As soon as the weed in the gully was floating (couldn't have been 9" of water) fish were in rooting around the weed.
I set up the rod with a 20g drilled ball and a size 1 barbless hook baited half a rag worm and was into schoolies straight away.
Spent a very pleasant afternoon catching and releasing them until the bait ran out lost count after a dozen biggest was about 1lb.
Nice to see so many health young fish.
Hopefully they will escape the seals & netters for a good few years and I can catch them all again as 5 to 10lbers if I get that lucky.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, poor old bugger hasn't had a decent bass all summer and I keep showing him how to catch em as well.
Even Karen is determined to out fish him in the bass comp this weenend would'nt mind a bet on her to do it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts