World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well set off at 6 am from tootree island chugged out to burrows and ouse not a sausage ,mind you tide was running at full strenth,then we set off to another mark over a weck and zilch ,was begining to wonder if there was any fish out there although the fish finder was showing signs,the bait on the boat was rag and squid ,i had a secret wepon (crab) .
off we went again to another spot off minster ,a fav spot for our captain trever ( off no2 buoy ) on the edge of the shipping lane then bang smoothys were a coming along with a dab a eel a wighting then a bass and then the lul started an hour later after i had tried every cocktail going ie rag ,crab , rag and squid ,crab and squid, crab and rag ,i thought i would try some plain old squid on a pennel 10 mins later bang a tope ,3 in the hour and with the weather holding out nicly it was a good day ,and booked the next trip up on the way in big thanks to trevor ( girl mandy) good to see him again
:clap2:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Well done mate. Seems like a decent day. What size were the fish?

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my tope were babys around 3 pounds, and the others ie bass dab and eel was all undersize although 2 bass were big enough for a couple of meals the smoothys were th biggest at about 4-5 pounds but it wasnt me that caught them aaarrrrgggghhhh, well done pat and george all in all a good day as ive not been out in ages:yeah:

·
Registered
259 Posts
well set off at 6 am from tootree island chugged out to burrows and ouse not a sausage ,mind you tide was running at full strenth,then we set off to another mark over a weck and zilch ,was begining to wonder if there was any fish out there although the fish finder was showing signs,the bait on the boat was rag and squid ,i had a secret wepon (crab) .
off we went again to another spot off minster ,a fav spot for our captain trever ( off no2 buoy ) on the edge of the shipping lane then bang smoothys were a coming along with a dab a eel a wighting then a bass and then the lul started an hour later after i had tried every cocktail going ie rag ,crab , rag and squid ,crab and squid, crab and rag ,i thought i would try some plain old squid on a pennel 10 mins later bang a tope ,3 in the hour and with the weather holding out nicly it was a good day ,and booked the next trip up on the way in big thanks to trevor ( girl mandy) good to see him again
:clap2:
I was out on Girl Mandy yesterday with Matt (Trevors son) cos trevor has just been in hospital. We had a good day with plenty of Skate coming aboard with the occasional Bass and mackeral which kept attacking the feathers we left hanging over the back. We had Squid , crab, rag and frozen mackeral but all fish caught except one Skate were caught on the fresh mackeral.
Strange that

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was out on Girl Mandy yesterday with Matt (Trevors son) cos trevor has just been in hospital. We had a good day with plenty of Skate coming aboard with the occasional Bass and mackeral which kept attacking the feathers we left hanging over the back. We had Squid , crab, rag and frozen mackeral but all fish caught except one Skate were caught on the fresh mackeral.
Strange that
we were next to you most of the day

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
must be the 1st time in years mandy's been past the pier. :roll1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
must be the 1st time in years mandy's been past the pier. :roll1:

I have been going out on Girl Mandy on average once a month for the last year and only once in that time have we not gone further than the Pier. I would recomend her to anyone and Trevor as a very good skipper

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would second that ,he used to be a sole fisherman in the thames but gave it up to take party anglers out and he knows all the marks ,next trip 10th sept bring it on trevor:fishing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts