World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a survey is on the internet by dave barham which suggests that the following lines are about the best for value.

Sensor, quite cheap, 15 pound breaks at 21, therefore 25 is 31 test, perfect for straight through fishing, high diameter though, the thirty pound is very thick, 0.57 for the 30 pound test so catches the tide, compared to 0.50 red ice same test, BUT...red ice is not in the survey but if its anything like the other ultima lines they do not break above label.

Ghost line is very low diameter, very good abrasion but does not break much above label.

Suffix Tritanium has good abrasion, breaks above label breakage and is thinner than sensor.

I rarely fish clean beaches so for me , after a bit of searching, its 25 pound or 30 pound straight through in sensor and suffix tritanium for the rough stuff.

I am happy enough to lob cast overhead gently with 25 sensor without a shockleader where it isnt crowded.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i agree with you 100% about tritanium being good gear,but i would also say that daiwa tournament and varivas sport are also worth a try.i`ve used tritanium since it came out and never had any bother,but i recently got some of the varivas on ebay and im quite impressed-it casts well,doesnt fluff up and lasts ages.in fact its very similar to tritanium,but maybe a little softer.
well worth trying though!

sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts