World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, another weekend is nearly here and i've been cleaning and oiling my gear with love and affection . I will b going down the brition ferry river on saturday and conditions are perfect , i was down there last weekend and managed to bag 3 schoolies in about 20 bites including 2 big bites which were sadley missed .
The problem i got is my father, every time he goes fishing we never seem to catch.
we have been a good 10 times and he as blanked big time,i have been fishing on my own and my rod havent stopped ,i am 8-0 up on fish and i just hope he catches soon, he is a devoted fisherman and uses the same method as me. is it common to be so unlucky that you affect every one around you .
if we dont catch on saturday he is never coming with me again !
please send a little prayer our way and may the gods be with us all. AMEN

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
EMZ

Not being rude leave him at home. On a serious note one day he might get lucky. Consider yourself lucky to fish with your father.

Woodster

M

·
0 Posts
Hi EMZ,

Where abouts do U fish in the River ???

I fished the river Wednesday nite 1.5 hrs before full top tide I got nowt but the guy about 30 ft from me got a reasonable size schoollie for his troubles. I think he was using lug or rag but not sure.

cheers
M

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mark4861 said:
Hi EMZ,

Where abouts do U fish in the River ???

I fished the river Wednesday nite 1.5 hrs before full top tide I got nowt but the guy about 30 ft from me got a reasonable size schoollie for his troubles. I think he was using lug or rag but not sure.

cheers
M
you want to fish 4-5 hours before top tide ,the first 2 hours are more productive ,fish down the bottom of the river with fresh crab,olso fish a low tide 7.2-8.4

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I wonder if my lad worries when I don't catch?

Seriously 8-0 sound a bit serious (law of averages etc.) particulary if you are using similar bait, casting distances etc. I seem to remember a thread on the site some time ago that talked about a chemical (hormone) that we humans produce that is extremely distasteful to fish, i.e. the suggestion that we would spread this onto our terminal tackle and bait and we'd be putting fish off! Perhaps he produces the stuff and you don't???

Suggestions:
  1. Does he bait up his own hooks or do you do it for him?!!
  2. Swop rods once the bait's in the water
  3. Use Ultrabite attractant and make sure your hands are soaked in the stuff (carry a rag because the smell sticks like ...)
  4. Give him the sharp hooks!!
I'm lucky I seem to catch more than the lad (who I think comes with me 'cos he thinks he should, bless him), except when we're Feathering for Machies! I always tell him that he can drink more than me, pull more women, and play the guitar, etc. I'm sure your dad just enjoys being with you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts