World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried it yesterday!

I was spinning with 1oz weight and that was great. very springy. loved it! never thaught a 6piece rod could be that good. I mean, I know there are better rods in the 1 and 2 piece class but having 6 pieces here hardly meant a compromise. and it comes in a nice 45 cm cordura tube.
got a bass of about 3/4 pound and the rod had more than enough body to move it around obstacles UNTILL...

it snapped! :uhuh: :uhuh: :banghead:

when I lifted it up the pier. too heavy? can hardly believe that. maybe it was a friday evening or monday morning rod so I phoned up DEVON ANGLING CENTRE this morning. and they contacted shakespeare. I'll be getting a new tip very soon :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

so far I can give the following rating:

DAC: first class, will be using them again for sure.
the rod:

body: 8/10
price 10/10
reel seat: bit cheapish. 6/10
weight: very light 10/10
eyes: not an expert on these/ they look ok but time will tell.
cordura tube: a nice extra. strap is a bit short but I'll replace it by something longer.

full report when I tested it with a new tip!

Jan

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Easily done! Saw a bloke snap a Greys Apollo trying to winch a 7lb conger up a 30ft rock face in Scotland. He landed the fish eventually but had to go home afterwards, plonker!

·
Registered
11,459 Posts
you should never try to lift a fish over 1lb on a spinning rod. they arnt designed to do that. they are designed to give good sport and bend into a fish. my local tackle shop gets loads returned from kids doing that with mackerel.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should never try to lift a fish over 1lb on a spinning rod. they arnt designed to do that. they are designed to give good sport and bend into a fish. my local tackle shop gets loads returned from kids doing that with mackerel.
i am a metric guy but as far as I know, a pound is still around 500g...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts