World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Team Foreshore
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to go fishing yesterday and it all went tits up bigtime. first i went to tesco extra pengam green for makkie n squid only to find the no longer have a fish counter and hardly any fish (no makkie or sqid at all). luckily i had brought some old frozen bait from a previous session as backup, but i was still a bit gutted about not having the freshest bait.

then i arrivedat my mooring by the channel view leasure centre (jim driscol way) only to discover someone had smashed my cabin door in and stole my auxillary outboard engine, fishfinder and radio.

they even went through my bag and rifeld out the best tackle luckily i stored my abu reel in a sock and it must have slipped past them. they stole the best rods and left the cheeper ones.

im absolutely fuming, if anyone has witnessed or hear about any of the items going for sale within the last 24hr can u plz pm me.

the boat must have been brokein into between monday 21st 8pm - wednesday 23rd 10am. so we have a timescale of 1 day and 1 evening. the boat also had a rape alarm fitted that went off once the door opened. also i doubt anyboy could swim with an outboard strapped to their back so i guess its another local boat owner.

despie this we still went out and fished around penarth to unwind and didnt catch a saussage for hours. the end result was 1 thorny and 1 congar between the two of us all day.

:banghead:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
thieving scum they need to be keel hauled there seems to be a spate of this going on will keeps a lookout for the stuff m8 and i hope you get it back tight lines

·
Team Foreshore
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks lads for keeping an eye out.

i phoned the leasure centre back today for an update and they told me the cameras have been down for 4 days, i dont know why i had to wait there for hours yesterday when they could have told me that strait away.

thanks for the offer for the free rod mate it is very much apreciated, but i do have some old spares i could use.

i have forensics going down a 3pm so hopefully i may still get some justice.

as for insurance, i think it covers the outboard radio and fishfinder but not personal posessions. i will have to still pay a large excess no doubt

G

·
thanks lads for keeping an eye out.

i phoned the leasure centre back today for an update and they told me the cameras have been down for 4 days, i dont know why i had to wait there for hours yesterday when they could have told me that strait away.

thanks for the offer for the free rod mate it is very much apreciated, but i do have some old spares i could use.

i have forensics going down a 3pm so hopefully i may still get some justice.

as for insurance, i think it covers the outboard radio and fishfinder but not personal posessions. i will have to still pay a large excess no doubt
ASK A MOD TO STICKY THIS FOR THE WEEKEND MATE MORE PEEPS WILL SEE IT THEN :lock:

·
Registered
705 Posts
tuff luck mate. I hope the scumbags get stranded somewhere deep!

·
Team Foreshore
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumbs::thumbs:cheers steven and cheers lads for your support. i would love to get me hands on em, so as i said any info would be appreciated. so please keep an ear out for me lads

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
unlucky mate thats just sick, you checked around ebay or free ads? never know the little f***s might put them on there

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hi lee,
Sorry to hear mate and gutted for you, i have spoken with my mate who has a boat at the other side of the river for you and i will pass info around my club at Cambian/cardiff Mariner. anything comes up will let you know.

·
Team Foreshore
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have been looking around tried ebay and freeads. thanks cod2 for asking about. its well apreciated

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Scumbags. sorry for you lee. I am down penarth and cardiff yacht clubs this week, will ask around for you.bleddy tw--s. poach.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello lee I spend most of my lunch times down their.now the kids have broken up for summer holidays it seems to be swarming with them. One of the boat owners gave two of them a bit of grief as they were all over the tenders, he missed the 5 girls also doing the same thing.
The son of the boat called dell bouy was down there today looking over his boat but didn't mention anything was missing.he has the yellow/white dory behind his dads boat.

I'll be down there again tomorrow between 1pm-2pm in a kia sedona goldish colour.If you see me come over.

charlie....

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
bit of a coincidence that the camera has been down for 4 days??????

wonder how many knew about that:g:

feel for you mate,hope you catch the feckers

·
Team Foreshore
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont think i will be down for a while charle, but i will keep an eye out for you. ive seen the dell boy its just off from my boat.

i went down there today to meet the forensics but he was there 2 seconds and didnt seem bothered.

ive now stripped the boat so the theiving bastards cannot get anything else!

someone mentioned to me today that they saw a few 16-18yr olds on tuesday buzzing around with a little outboard, going past all the boats slowly and checking them out. did anyone else see them?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts