World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Ledges at Rhosili are very sheltered on an easterly, and at this time of year should/could produce dabs, dogs, whiting and maybe a plaice or two.

Dave

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Is there anywhere worth fishing in these strong n/e winds that were having at the moment? I wont be able to get out till tomorrow and will fish anywhere from newport to pembroke.
Port Talbot, both sheltered from the E/NE, both involve a long walk, if you fish Morfa with sandeel at bottom water & the first 2 hrs of flood you should get turbot, uncommon from the shore, fish two rods 1 worm 1 eel?
Sker is good but a long walk again big baits are the order of the day there!
blueskip

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Is there anywhere worth fishing in these strong n/e winds that were having at the moment? I wont be able to get out till tomorrow and will fish anywhere from newport to pembroke.
Went there on saturday because of the forcast easterlies? more northerly with a bit of west and a heavy rainshower to boot????!!!!!!! Picked up some nice peelers from Country stores (65 pence each) A wrap of frozen black lug, sandeels. macky and squid. BE AWARE THAT THERE HAVE BEEN SOME ROCKFALLS OVER THE WINTER WHICH MAKES THE SRAMBLE DOWN TO THE LEDGES A BIT HAIRY!! DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IN THE DARK OR WHEN THE GROUND IS WET!!
Started fishing about 1 1/2 hours before top water one bloke there already he hadn't had anything apart from crabs. he packed about 1730 gave us his bait and then before he went my fishing mate MICK had a doggy. Couldn't persuade hin to stay we fished untill 2000 results 1x doggy. 3 small whiting, 1 dab( first this year) I beat Mick this time!!:clap3: For anyone planning a trip to this mark, here are a few tips Carpark costs£2 ( no overnight stays allowed) Church car park is free although you should make a donation and again no overnight stays. a long walk to the ledges plus the sramble down so travel light. make sure you check the weather very dangerous to fish in strong westerlies. KEEP THE PLACE TIDY IT IS ON NATIONAL TRUST PROPERTY.Fishes best 3 hours up 2 down on a medium tide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts