World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
a friend and i went thin lip fishing up lewes today!....dug the reds
yesturday so we could get off early-ish this morning..but due to my friend running late we never left til 8-30am and started fishing about
9-30am...packed up at 12 miday!
right from the off it was take after take...between us we had 23 thin lips...
the smallest being a baby of about 10oz and the largest being about
2-1/2lb....all-in-all a very busy session and great fun!
all fish were cought useing a match rod and 6lb line with a spinning mep
baited with 3 red rag!..all fish were returned alive and kicking..lol

i will attempt to blue tooth the pictures to my daughters phone and add
them later!.....only took a couple of pictures as they all look the same.

all the best and tight lines....puddle man paul......:wiggle:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice one, that sounds like a busy session.

Can you recomend a rod thats not a porky pig, I was tracking one on flyby but the auction has gone above my budget which is £50.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
well done PMan - i saw some much bigger ones up there when i last walked the river a few weeks back now.
Nice session.
Steve

·
Registered
978 Posts
Excellent session, well done. :clap2:

Were you float or feeder fishing?

any thicklips about,i have a passion for the bigger fish?
In the ouse around and above Lewes most of the mullet are thins, if you want thicks you really need to be a bit nearer the sea Craig.

Out of interest, from Lewes town centre up stream, fishing is by permit and the permit required depends on which bank and stetch you wish to fish. These banks are baliffed from time to time. From the area below the tunnel is free as far as I know.

In addition if an EA officer appears whilst your fishing in the area you may have difficulty convincing them that you are fishing for sea and not freshwater fish especially if your using match gear so it would help if you have a rod licence.

I suggest to avoid any hassle anyone wanting to fish the ouse around Lewes checks the exact details in Percy's, the tackle shop in Cliff Hight Street, Lewes.

Fishing can be exceptional, but a little muddy! Also beware on spring tides as the current can rip through.

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Hi please can you show me or supply a link so i can see what i spinning mep is.
I did look first but only found cartoons ?
Do a search on this forum for thin lips or Mepps and you should get a couple of pics up showing a couple of different spinner types from this years posts.

Lovely session MrP + friend :1a:, I haven't got around to the Thin lips yet but I'll be going for a stroll on Sunday having a look for some after your session.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent session, well done. :clap2:

Were you float or feeder fishing?

In the ouse around and above Lewes most of the mullet are thins, if you want thicks you really need to be a bit nearer the sea Craig.

Out of interest, from Lewes town centre up stream, fishing is by permit and the permit required depends on which bank and stetch you wish to fish. These banks are baliffed from time to time. From the area below the tunnel is free as far as I know.

In addition if an EA officer appears whilst your fishing in the area you may have difficulty convincing them that you are fishing for sea and not freshwater fish especially if your using match gear so it would help if you have a rod licence.

I suggest to avoid any hassle anyone wanting to fish the ouse around Lewes checks the exact details in Percy's, the tackle shop in Cliff Hight Street, Lewes.

Fishing can be exceptional, but a little muddy! Also beware on spring tides as the current can rip through.
hi little red,
the stretch i was fishing!...is free!!!!.....if a chap from the EA
came down he would only have to stay for 5min to see we were targeting mullet ...lol
if you wern't useing match rods or simular.....what else would you use?
not a lot of point useing a beach caster....:doh:

hi to all other reply's,
thanks for the nice comments,and you should have a go!
great fun on the light gear,not much bait required,and your kept busy
casting and retrieving....

all the best puddle man....

ps,i would ask you all to return all fish,as there not very nice eating
due to being very muddy..lol..and we can keep the good fishing going
for many years to come!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi little red,

if you wern't useing match rods or simular.....what else would you use?
not a lot of point useing a beach caster....:doh:

My choice for the area you fished is a 1.25lb test curve avon rod with a nice through action.
would that be enough to convince the chap from the EA that you
was'nt freshwater fishing then?...:doh:

·
Registered
978 Posts
would that be enough to convince the chap from the EA that you
was'nt freshwater fishing then?...:doh:

Lol, I don't need to convince him as I have a rod license, and i buy permits to fish the Ouse above the Cliff High Street road bridge.

I have fished the area for over 40 years as you found the fishing is excellent, and there are also shoals of quality bream and roach, large carp and chub along with the mullet which is why I purchase a rod license.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, I don't need to convince him as I have a rod license, and i buy permits to fish the Ouse above the Cliff High Street road bridge.

I have fished the area for over 40 years as you found the fishing is excellent, and there are also shoals of quality bream and roach, large carp and chub along with the mullet which is why I purchase a rod license.
my friend and i also have a rod license as we both do a lot of puddle
fishing.....hense the name puddle man...lol
i was just a bit confused when you said about useing a match rod,it may be
difficult convinsing the chap from the EA that you were not freshwater
fishing!!!
and then saying you would use a avon rod..lol...:giveup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts