World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this yesterday off a mail order company it ment to be a super mag extra they have sent me what looks like a old 525 with a new badge stuck on it i can not find theis reel anywere online?

im getting the super mag up and the mag extra but this reel doesnt look like eitha as it has the slidy mag control and not the turn one ? anyone kno what iv got ?
here 3 pic's of what i recieved

were mine says "super mag " on the cross bar all the other ones im findin on the net say "525 mag"
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/Big_Jay_2007/Image005.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/Big_Jay_2007/Image006.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/Big_Jay_2007/Image007.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
It Looks Like The Mag Extra To Me
Supermag Xtra Has A A Nob On Side Plate Not A Slide.
Hope This Helps The Price Diff Is About £35
All The Best Abu Dhabi

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i payed 140 for this...it was solt to me under the buy it now for a super mag extra ?

it says super mag on it like the new ones do but it looks like the badge has been re stuck on ? lol scamming il ask the penn guy when he comes online he'l know

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Jay Got My 525mag Out And They Do Look The Same From The The Angles
You,ve Shown,the Ownly Diff Is My Handle Is All Black And Yours Has Silver On It Hope That You Get What Youve Payed For M8 Good Luck

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iv no idea what it is..i think it may be the old 525 mag with a super mag badge on it and a diff handle ? im hoping the penn guy will be able to help me out when he's on if i give him the serial number

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know it aint the super mag extra witch is what i was ment to be having from them..

it just look to me asif its the origonal 525 mag with the super mag badge stuck on it lol to sell it on for a few more quid ?

anyways il be sendin this reel back aint having it i want the super dupa one they do

·
Registered
686 Posts
bj, it looks like a supermag to me, the only difference with the old 525 and a supermag is the supermag will have a silver handle a couple of extra magnets and ceramic bearings. they both have the slidy switch for the magnets. the only way to tell for sure is to have a look how many mags are inside. you can get a knobby mag which will have a knob for the mags instead of the slidy.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I agree looks like an original supermag to me.........deffo not a new supermag xtra cos they've got a knob instead of a slidy.............Maybe not what you though you was getting but still a cracking reel........then again maybe not for £140 :blink:

·
Registered
125 Posts
yes m8 i think you have been tucked up booklet came through of veals today and it shows in there that the mag x has a slidy super mag x has a nobby on if that helps you matey

·
Registered
119 Posts
It looks the same model supermag as mine bought mine Dec 05 for £105 when they were first out.
Mine still says Penn mag not supermag as at the time they were rushed to despach the reels and didnt have the correct decals for them,was ment to pick them up but why bother...
If its not a Knobby then its not worth more than 110. Get your money back due to false advertising.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i have got the exactly same 1 mate as the 1 in the picture. its the origanal supermag. paid £105 for mine from gerrys. i also got the knobby aswell mate which is a supermag extra mate. paid £130 for it but was marked up as £150 from bowlers had a deal on it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
and the badge that is stuck on it mate is the badge that is on my origanal supermag no difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Deffo not the supermag xtra - I've got one, all above comments are correct!
You've got the original version there.
Time to complain to Paypal and Ebay mate!

·
Registered
36 Posts
From the look of it, it's definitely one of the original series of Supermags that were being sold last year (which were really Penn 525 Mags - mag slideys - with two extra magnets, ceramic bearings and slight cosmetic changes to appearance, including the Supermag badging). I've checked your pics against my own reel and they're identical in every respect, badging, endplate marking, spool colour and handle colour.

I seem to recall that they were generally being sold at or just under £125. I bought mine from Veals with a Surflblaster Guvnor Match rod thrown in for just under £190. I think that was a 10% discount offer that they did briefly.

Certainly looks as if you've got cause to complain.

·
Registered
693 Posts
What was the name of the company you got it from?
Best to let people know mate, so they dont have the same trouble.
Good luck on trying to get your money back, I know some online companies can be a pain in the arse, just ask gibby12.:wallbash: :cry:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys..just to confirm it is not from Ebay it is from a established mail order company they go by the name of www.seatackle.co.uk and also www.tacklesupermarket.com

iv had a mag xtra free of charge it come this morning there were a few more probs than just the reel tho..they sent me coasters that were diff colours lol...hooks t\hat i did not want they were 4 size's to big and also sent me some line that looks about 2-3 pound in money rather than the diwa tounermaent i orderd aww well i got a free super mag now tho 80.00 any one ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
yes lads i am having a nitemare with 1 mail order company at the mo. i ordered a tip tornado sport and a 525 knobby about 10-12 weeks ago and i am still waiting for it. they origanally told me that it was a 3 week delay on it and like i say still no sign. wat a mare. dont kno if i should say wat company just incase i get into any trouble. there a company based in birmingham thats all i will say.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so i now have a slidy 525 super mag for sale 80.00

1 - 20 of 20 Posts