World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its more a summer mark but with the weather being warm was thinking of having a blanking session down there poss thrusday/fri depending on tides deffo not wednesday cos footie is on

or maybe port laing tried looking for it on m$ virtual earth couldnt find it nor even nasa :giveup:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi Ade if your going to fish it fish it on a dropping tide, once the tide starts to flood you will loose gear big time. and Port Laing beach is always worth a bash, seen some big Flounder and Dabs come off there over the years...... but like anywhere else you can also blankity blank :g:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Port Laing beach is always worth a bash, seen some big Flounder and Dabs come off there over the years...... but like anywhere else you can also blankity blank :g:
Wish you told me your secrets when i was back home:secret: . Think the only person that ever caught down there was old willie:notworthy , i certainly got pretty much nothing other than a few tiddly flatties. The guvvy pier used to be ok for coalies and a cod or 2 (small though), better off round towards east bay or the battery.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi m8, fished nq at the battery & the harbour round the corner a couple of times in the last couple of weeks , had a few wee flounder & dab. Nothing to write home about. Seems to fish better low tide & start of the flood. When the tde starts running its a lost cause imo. Long thin strips of squid seem to get the best results with a couple of turns on the reel to get them moving in the tide ( never had any worms to try though) . Also tried the south side at the breakwater, blanked & along the old road to the east of the bridge, had a couple of wee dabs & 1 codling to about 1 1/2 lb. Fishings easy there, right out the back of the car - cheers keith

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wish you told me your secrets when i was back home:secret: . Think the only person that ever caught down there was old willie:notworthy , i .
LOL Yeah I know but then again the old bugger used to go down there near enough every day, I have seen the old sod getting a Flounder to 4lb from there once...... but thats gotta be the biggest thats ever come from there :g:I have also seen jammy Simon with a 4+lb sea trout taken from the beach early morning

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so can anyone give me directions to port laing .....i didnt even get out to dig worms cos i was trying out windows vista and forgot the time d'oh

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
so can anyone give me directions to port laing .....i didnt even get out to dig worms cos i was trying out windows vista and forgot the time d'oh

Ade, the best way would be if you are coming from the North is to take the Ferryhills road (coming from Inverkeithing) turn into Carlingnose Way and follow the road down to a carpark just above the beach, then walk 100mts down the road to the beach.... the lefthand side of the beach was always the better side.

But to be honest there are better Flattie marks around, South Queensferry over by Hound Point is a better option IMHO. but if it's Port Laing beach you want to fish, your better waiting until there's a bit of an Easterly blow onshore to stir the water up a bit. and then again nowadays you will be lucky to catch a fiah, like I mentioned Hound Point over the other side of the water is a much better option.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts