World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's your access laws, which suck.
But since you're really just an english serf that's all you can expect from your aristocratic masters. :bounce:

In civilised countries like Scotland there's no problems for access.
You can canoe on any river you like and you can walk where you like.

English incomers tend to put up "no trespassing" signs when they first come up here, lol.

The basic rules are simple.
Don't be an eejit and respect peoples privacy and property.
http://www.mountaineering-scotland.org.uk/access/accesslaw.html

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
The Scots system is based on reasonableness and personal responsibility within the framework of a civilised society.

When a Ramblers Association bigwig basically stomped across the front lawn of the Stagecoach bosses estate he lost, and quite right too IMO.

But when some rich nob wanted to exclude people entirely from his extensive property he got shown the door.

It's nice to live in a country where personal responsibility and mutual respect are enshrined in law, and unreasonable eejits get a kick in the rear end.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Addy; "That's your access laws, which suck.
But since you're really just an english serf that's all you can expect from your aristocratic masters." :bounce:

I have every faith that the aristocratic masters (under the guise of the ABP) will provide a footpath on Cardiff Foreshore in the very near future after reading this.:hypocrite

·
Registered
798 Posts
No problem.
Or bring a friend with another canoe and then you can trawl your way downstream with a big net. :icecream:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
No problem.
Or bring a friend with another canoe and then you can trawl your way downstream with a big net. :icecream:
Hmmm...... Got a suspicion I would be stretchered as far as South of Peebles and then left to die on the street of lead poisoning from the buckshot.......:schmoll: And rightly so!!
I think the argument for free roaming is a bit different in Scotland though. So much stunning countryside, and not so many folks to wander it, especially on an old firm match day!!
England - A few square miles of beauty and fifty million plus people trying to enjoy a peaceful day in it..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts