World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Feeling like a change from fresh(licence prices,water tickets:angry:) i polled down to my local tackle shop and got some sea kit and bait,nothing fancy 50 quid in total.
Having blanked on two occassions in penarth recently,i was well chuffed to land a couple of small bass from barry beach today,nothing meal size but my first sight of bites on my new rod.what a relief it was.
What i was wondering was how many times can you go and completely blank,does anyone have tales of 10 trips or so with no luck?
I see the goverment are talking of charging for a sea licence wich is quite annoying since its one of the boons of the sport.
If you like to fish sea course and fly its going to get a bit pricy.
Yours. a new sea angler</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>Brilliant mate, I very rarely blank and cant remember a time when I have blanked two sessions in a row. It may be due to the fact that most of fishing is done at night or Im just a lucky git.</font>

·
Registered
149 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I think its fair to say the odd blank is never too far away although I cant remeber the last time I did. But this all comes with experience you&#39;ll soon work out when to fish what baits to use and what rigs. If you really want some sound advise on where to fish and what with go and see Clive Vedmore at Gary Evans Tackle Shop in Newport (if thats anywhere near you) This guy knows every thing about fishing in South Wales and beyond.

Hope this helps</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>managed to get the blanks down a bit with catchs of thorn back,pouting,small bass and a tiny silver fish could have been a cod.I have been fishing barry lavernock point and penarth,not fished the pier in penarth yet.would like to know the spots in cardiff.what a learning game it is, thought it would be a doddle thinking i was good at fishing ponds and rivers.How different things are.Winds over the last few days have hampered my efforts,quite alarming seeing a big clump of weed fly up the line and smack me in the kisser,impossible to spot bites.do any of you fellers fish in high winds?is it a better way to fish holding the rod all the while to feel bites?Tips and advise is what im after.Many thanks.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts