World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Last week in August leading up to the bank hol I will be in Anglesy on Hol'.
What is the boards considered opinion as to the best Bass spinning spot and the best general allround spot. Also as Anglesy seems a favourite spot for us Cheshire lads, how about a fishing reports link on this website so that anyone fishing the various marks in Wales can report their catches and methods. Maybe with directions and a photo of the venue. Updated regularly winter and summer it would be invaluable to those planning a trip and looking for a spot that would give them a half decent chance of a good day.

Regards, Keith.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
good idea m8 ,not to sure there will be many giving away there top marks though

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Three for you, as you know I don't do shore but I have used spinners from the boat within casting range of these marks.

Beaumaris, from the old aquarium up to the house with the flag pole, the area around the old boat sheds is favourite. A whitebait, sea trout or joey mack can score here. Dusk or dawn best here, work the lure fast.

Porth Dinllaen, on the opposite side of the head to the lifeboat station amongst the rocks, poppers work best here, again dusk or dawn. If you can get the lure to really splash and twitch it can be a good spot.

Llandwyn Island, to the left of the rocks under the old lighthouse. Sandeel pattern shallow diver fished on the flood about 3 hours after low up to high.

Good luck, tight lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts