World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a couple of trips on the thornies, we caught 4 on the first trip and the best went 7-2-13. On the 2nd trip we had 5 altogether but my son got the best of the day. His rod tip knocked gently and then his line went slack and as he struck into it he thought he caught the bottom! As the rod tip arched over he began to reel in and what a fight it was. After a good long fight we could see something on the surface, it looked like it was covered in weed. As it came closer to the rocks we could see why it was so heavy - he had hooked the female which weighed 10-0-6 and attached to her was a male which weighed 4 1/2 pound!!:eek:hmy::eek:hmy: Needless to say he was over the moon lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done that man,Great looking fish m8.Only if i could get one like that:doh:.Was it shore or boat m8?. All the best marty.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
eating on the job,thats just not on!!
congratulations young man.. great fish(s). i'd be over the moon with one thornie,but that is extracting the michael!!!
:clap2: wrass762

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Are you boys from meva. dan hunkin & co.:bye1:

G

·
I caught it of the shore but I wish my mother picked a better photo!!:yucky::yucky:

Well done, great Ray for you there!!

See if you can get hold of a digital camera to take next time you go, the pics will look better and you'll only have to carry it home if you want to eat it!

G

·
Like he said. He ate the fish so give him a break and stop telling him what he should do with his catch.
Smasher of a fish Shrimp, my best is only 6lb. Well done
Not telling him anything mate, just suggesting some options.
Would have thought carrying a set of scales and a digital camera to the beach would have been standard, he would then have had the option to do what he wanted with it?
Having dragged it home for a snap and a weigh in, that option is as dead as the ray.
I wasn't rude and didn't preach, just made a suggestion or two and congratulated him on his capture.:uhuh:

G

·
Why? So guys like this can fish the mark, catch a Ray and drag it home for 'a in the garden shot' because it is their PB?

Yeah! Great idea!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts